Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed my auto hubs to manual hubs yesterday. The autos were clicking real bad, so I put Milemarker street"somethins" on there all better- even thought I will miss shifting from inside. But hey lock em before yoiu need to right? See ya'll
Tom

"I will make the dirt fly"-Teddy Roosevelt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was kinda curious how good they were.
Tom

"I will make the dirt fly"-Teddy Roosevelt

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
On the subject of lockouts, I would stay away from warn premium hubs. They are a real PITA to lock in/out unless you have fingers of steel. This would probably happen to any hub, but one of my premiums bombed on me recently, apparently from lack of lubrication, though the package said that they didn't require lubrication. Mine only real complaint is with the damn knob, because it's hard as hell to grip and you have to turn it ~340 degrees as opposed to ~45 degrees with most other hubs.

It's a multi-purpose passenger vehicle and it eats SUVs for breakfast...get it straight!

Muddybronco

·
Registered
196 Posts
Muddy, I hate that too. My sausage fingers don't fit well either. When I busted my leg, I had plenty of time to whittle a wooden tool from a scrap of 2x4. That wasn't my intent when I started, but that's what it became. It was really nothing more than a 3" circle that was an inch thick with two little semi-circle slats that fit into the cap's grooves. There has to be an easier way to make that tool, but I wouldn't be without it. My thumbnails are much happier. Mind you my Milemarkers never got that bad.

The light-bulb comes on. If I were to mass-produce that tool cast in say nylon or vinyl ......

Pharaoh
Yah baby, That's right! /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts