Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
larry, did the larger airfilter make any difference besides being much cooler than the little air filter. I just ordered a new air filter kit last week. wish I'd seen your site first.

On another note has anyone seen the reject kit at http://www.racetep.com/weber.html It is a kit for the 32/26 I am thinking about getting it at $35 bucks just to see if it makes a difference. I have never re jetted a carb though.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks for the info Larry and Brent. I've been pretty disappointed by the way my Weber looses gas from the float bowl when it sits a couple of days. I think it's leaking internally and going down the intake manifold, as I can smell gas from the throat of the carb even after a couple of days. I've been thinking of buying a rebuild kit and going over it, although it is brand new. Maybe I can get what I need from one of these places.
I can't take it apart yet....big snow storm due tonight and will be plowing snow in the morning!!!!!

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brent...

I dont run a Weber as both of my Jeeps are fuel-injected. As a past Howell EFI owner I can associate with the plight of Weber owners and just thought I'd pass the info on.

Not my website either.

LarryM
'85 CJ7, 350TBI, T19
'00 TJ, 4.0, NV3550, D44

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
As for flowing more air with the larger filter...I dont think the Weber 38 deg 400cfm carb could possibly suck more air than that K&N will allow through. I have a snokel on my Jeep, but when I got the Weber it wouldn't mount up to the snorkel. My boss also works as a Machine shop, and if he can't make some sort of adapter, I'm sure the local high-school metal-working teacher can do it with the appropriate pay-off. I use a K&N filter at the top of the snorkel that has a "Velocity Stack" engineered into it so it can shove a lot of nice cold clean air down the 2.5" tube. A 3" tube with no bends will flow 1000cfm, so I'm sure a 2.5" tube twisted almost like a pretzle should flow 400.../wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.