Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the long Yorks were similar to the A6, in the fact that the A-6 has a clutch to let the pulley free spin when not in use? That, adn what is the general size of the unit? I was wanting to lay the thing down on my driver side of the engine.
THANX
I found one of your moonguy crew runnin' round here in Montana. Little fella was just plain drunk off his a**. I will have to give him directions on how to get back home.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Lee maybe I can help you.
The york is a 2 cyl set up for all purposes like a briggs eng. The A-6 is an axial 6 cyl unit. the difference is most a-6's didn't have their own oil sump(pan).It is a great unit (the a-6) but without an inline oiler it will die in a reasonalably short time. Just remember that most (almost all) A/C compressores rely on the refergerent to move the oil around in a contained system. I love the A-6 (I think it's the best , although heavy , compressor for A/C ever built) but for onboard air (not A/C) the York will win over and over.

If you can spare the room.......get the York.

"No officer I haven't been drinking , Thats just how my Jeep drives"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.