Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may as well throw you money away! They claim a lot on there website, but if you join I think you will be lucky to get anything! I still have not EVER gotten a newsletter, and they will not answer e-mail. Glenn likes to give me $hit for posting this to let all of you know, I just think everyone should know how bad the ASA is. They have my membership money and all I get is EXCUSES about this and that. I JUST WANT WHAT IS SAYS ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but that’s asking too much.

So all of you just throw you money away for a club that will not deliver!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well im sorry to hear about your luck. I get a newsletter just about every three weeks. The new ones are great with color pictures and all. I liked the free cd rom they put together of the 25 minute zookie extreme runs too that they gave me when i registered with them four months ago. Plus the free t shirt and hat are cool, not my favorite color but theyll do fine. I cant believe all the benifits you get when you join, i even get discounts on my groceries. When i have tough questions, i dont e mail them i just Instant message them, they always are on line and eager and helpfull to answer anything i have ever asked. Maybe you joined the wrong ASA?/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Really though, isnt this board even better then the asa?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are full of $hit I have e-mailed them and they will not reply. If you really talk to them on-line what do you use and what’s there name, I want to talk to them now!

If you get discounts on your groceries were do you get them? The stuff I have gotten does not say anything about discounts.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Red i swear if you got any madder youd blow your o-ring out! If you re read my post, it says at the bottom NO REALLY because we both know thats not how it goes. It doesnt go at all, its broke down. Nice home brew world i put out as an idea though wasnt it. I liked the cd rom part, thats a nice touch. LMAO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See its common knowledge that the ASA SUCKS! They cannot and will not deliver on anything they say they will.

And it does piss me off that Gleen gives me $hit for posting the true about the ASA, and no one cares that they DO NOT DELIVER. They should shut down now and not even try to be a club! Today I e-mailed ALL the staff on the website maybe I will get a reply LOL.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
mxnhid, your bad man. BADDDDDD
on a serious note people, last week i did infact receive a ASA news letter. i will keep my fingers crossed so yall receive one too.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wondering why anyone would sound like they support the ASA? I knew you were full of $hit because the newsletter comes out four times a year and you get one every three weeks????? The ASA is a bunch of "donkey raping [censored] eaters" as Cartman would put it! LOL!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
hey red26, i have no way to post pics hardly, but if you will give me a address to send it to, i will make a complete photo copy of it n mail it to you. hows that sound? kinda sentimental on this one, havent gotten one since 93 or 94 when they first started. back when mario rocko was still big in zuks.
[email protected]
later
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I shouldn't feel so bad never have gotten one at all:)

I hope to get a reply this time having e-mailed the entire staff at ASA, even if the only reply is from Glenn. LOL!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
And discounts on groceries doesnt speak volumes in itself huh? I wanted to say i got a free entertainment book with it (50$ value ya know) but then it would have been harder to tell if i was joking. I dont give a rats butt if they print or not personally, cant believe you gave them your money. How about send me a check and ill promise lots too, but i will still reply to your e mails once in a while. I can always use the extra cash. You know this kinda stuff gets started, then everyone grows up and onto other things like raising good kids and whatnot. Go make babies so you wont have time to read the paper and thatll solve all your ressentment and neglected feelings for not getting the newsletter. What are you gonna do???? as they say...

·
Registered
738 Posts
The west coast ASA used to organize a lot of runs due mainly to the efforts of one person who donated a lot of their own
time. Now that this person has had to back out I fear the west coast ASA will also be in the "sucks" catagory. It's tough to
find volunteers when we've all got to work for a living.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So why have a club, we all have lives and cannot spend the extra time it takes to make a newsletter, stickers, or membership cards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh we all have to shop at grocery shores, and make our kids happy, we have not time to look at websites, $hit, forget about making one to get extra money. LOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My role in the ASA is Landuse. I spend alot of personal time and energy in furthering the sport of 4wheeling, working to keep trails from closing, and maintaining existing trails in my local area. I (and the ASA) also help to put together some really fun gatherings throughout the year.

If everyone felt that organized Suzuki events and standing up for landuse issues "sucked"... then it would be a really sad statement for us all.

http://www.rocky-road.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Duuuude! You are getting WAY too pissed off about this man. Yes, I was upset about the way the ASA was heading before I went down to Zukfari this year, but after speaking with many of the key people in person, I am now confident that it is heading in a better direction.
I will tell you what I know:
First of all, they are doing away with the yearly membership fee. Its going to be a one time fee of $5. This fee will get you your two stickers, lifetime membership card and a monthly or bimonthly newsletter (not a flashy one, mind you, but a simple text one)
Next, their natoriously never updated website is going to get a major facelift and is going to be maintained by two or more people. Not just one like it is now.
So expect to see some changes soon.
And whats with this getting pissed at Glenn? Hes not in charge of membership or the website! Hes the Land Use Officer, like he mentioned. But he goes way out of his way to help orginize events like the Zukfari and the Sand Blast. He actually doing something.
Thats just my two cents.

Stephen R. Nielson
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!" ~Ace Rimmer
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
[email protected]

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thanks for the positive input SRN,my faith has been reaffirmed in the ASA.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey srn, is that the same promise that they promised red?
:)

88 sami ,twin cam ,35" thorbirds ,14" lift ,warn 8000 ,98 4runner seats ,toy axles ,flames ,coils goin under the reir

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could you guys get back to the REAL issue...Max, do you REALLY get discounts on your groceries. I mean, it's cool and all to join a club that you can maybe 'wheel with...but GROCERY DISCOUNTS!!!!!! Where do I sign up????

(this post is a joke, for any readers who might take it seriously and reply to me on this topic)

LOL

Michael O

Michael O
-01 Nissan Frontier
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse
-88 Samurai
'Sometimes you're the pigeon, Sometimes you're the statue'

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.