Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to go to the local Wal-Mart today and order the BFG tires that I wanted. They are about 17 working days away from getting them in stock. I got Wal-Mart to match a local price on the BFG's, 140. mounted balanced and ready to go. They had to match the price. With the 3 week delay I will not even be in town when they arive. I then had them check on some Wrangler Mud tires. These they can have within two weeks, same price as the BFG's. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the mud tires that Wally World sells are the same tires that Wrangler just introduced that they had a writeup on in a mag. They tested them on the Rubicon with several different mags driving the trails in the same vehicles. They are also used, I think, by the Curries on their rock buggies. Here are all the specs I could get from Wal-Mart. I don't know what the 743-xxx number is?
Wrangler MT
33x12.50RLT
743-223-396
item # 1032897
upc# 697662008026

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
553 Posts
If the tires you are talking about are Goodyear Wrangler MT's, then yes. A few months back Goodyear phased out the old Wrangler MT tread design and put a new design to the ground. From some of the reports I have read on these tires, they are supposed to be excellent off-road rubbers. If you have heard of the Warn rockcrawling championships in Farmington New Mexico, you will know that the top four rigs were wearing this type of tire. I hope this helps with your decision.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif'46 CJ 2-A Rusty, but still fun to drive and easy to work on./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe those are the MT-R's, a whole new style of tire, and considerably more greenbacks if my thinking is straight.
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been doing some searching for the MT-r's in So. Cal. and the lowest price I have found for 35x12.50x15's is $186 per tire. I would check real close to make sure that the tires are the MT-R's.

Let us know what you find,
Axlesupagain

Axlesupagain/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to Sears. They also have to match advertised prices. They got my bfg mud terrains in a few days. They said it'd take a week but it didn't take that long. I got my 35" x 12.5" on sale for like $135 from them.

Al
My web page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tire gal that I talked to earlier called and said that they can not get the MT-r only the MT. That sucks, I am going to have to get the BFG. It is not a real step down or anything but everyone runs them. I wanted the Yokohama Geolander MT but once again, noone locally. I live in Montana so if you have ever been here you can understand. I guess I will order the BFG and have them installed when I get back from vacation.

THANX for all Y'all's HELP

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was quoted 143 plus 15 per tire for road hazzard on the NEW MT/R at Sears. This was for the 35-12.50-15.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Around here (CT) nobody advertises big MT's of any brand, so there's no price matching. The shop where I got mine wouldn't offer road hazard on MT's, either.

-Dana

Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Lee, don't fret about limited tire choices in Montana. You've got lots of reasons to be GLAD you're there. BTW, most guys (me included) run Cooper STT's around here FWTW.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love living here 99% of the time. If I were in a big city, like I am used to, it would be 100% of the time. These darn small towns just have no selection! Our Sears has a store about the size of two double wide trailers put together, no tire department. The only people that had the Geolander MT wanted 225 each, the Wrangler MT were around 180. I told them that they were crazy and that I now know why they do not stock these tires. B/C they do not have the marketing/salesman sense to sell someone a glass of water in the middle of the desert. 180 for a wrangler, PLEASE. These prices did NOT include mounting and balancing or anything for that matter. I ordered someone of the General MT's today for $125 each mounted, balanced, roadside protection, and ready to romp and stomp. I plan on highly modifying the suspension in a few years so these tires should hole out until it is time for some new ones, then I can just order the correct size for whatever mods I decide on. I have until tomorrow afternoon to cancel my order for the generals. THANX anyway guys, and girl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.