Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the saying about owning a boat "The happiest day is when you buy one and when you sell one." Jeeps are kinda the same; really happy when you get one, relieved when you sell one, THEN, you get the fever for one again and the process starts all over. Hello, my name is Roy, and I'm a Jeepaholic, I've had several Jeeps and just can't seem to shake the habbit...

· Registered
6,784 Posts
One thing about Jeeps, they are one hell of a lot easier to understand than any woman!

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets...

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Roy....it has been said that a boat is a hole in the water that you pour five-gallon buckets of money into. In like manner, a Jeep is a tub on four wheels that you......well, you get the idea./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
3,412 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifYou guyscan't be speaking about the WWll Ford GPA "Seep". Can you????/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

· Registered
1,419 Posts
it depends on how you do it. buy a $200 boat and leave it as a $200 boat. same with jeep buy a jeep as a second vehicle and if it breaks leave it in the yard. everybody seen my jeep I only have $700 in it. There is ways around the professinal built dana 60 reverse cut. trade, build,steal.

brownbagg

· Registered
3,412 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif C'mon, Dave, you know a JEEP is much more than that!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif You know what's wierd....As long as the floor pans were out of our CJ, the expense wasn't so bad. Once we got them welded back in, then the "stuff" starts going back in and SHEESH!....gimme a bigger bucket of five-dollar bills!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
6,784 Posts
I HEARD THAT!
It doesn't cost anything to 'Plan' a vehicle....
It costs a sh*t load to actually BUILD what you planned!
"Imagination has no budget," as my friend used to say...

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets...

· Registered
7,289 Posts
Boats , Jeeps whatever just bring on the money!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifI'm starting on my third year with my boat.
Guess thats what you get when you hand build one from scratch.(totally hand built)
It isn't done because I didn't want it to look like something Tom Saywer owned./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

Wider is better but taller is cooler!

· Registered
328 Posts
Roy, you're right about Jeeps and boats.

I bought a brand new boat in 1984. Bringing it home was the happiest day. Last Spring, I traded that same boat for a Jeep! I was pretty happy that day too.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lets face it if your going to drive any thing its going to cost money. You guys with the new trucks they are going to depreciat
$3000 to $4000 a year. Thats allot of jeep parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually Jeeps are worse than boats. Boats only travel in one medium, water. Your Jeep has to be set up for mud, rocks, sand, water, and maybe even pavement(but only in a pinch).

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers are a bunch of F-in' crooks and need to be run out of business.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boats, somewhat unlike jeeps, come in all shapes and sizes. I know a guy who has a ski boat (damn big one) that costs a much as a house. It's made to pull one person. This is accomplished by pumping fuel into the engine at the rate of one gallon every 53 seconds! Yikes. He once told me what his fuel bill was for a week's vacation out on Lake Powell. You know, I'm happy with the 10 gallon tank and two jerry cans on my old CJ5.

1968 CJ-5 225 V6/T14/18/27frt/44rr

If life gets boring, risk it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.