Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best prices on an ARB locker for a Dana 44. I also need gears for D44 and D30. Any suggestions?

I already have an ARB for the Front D30, Just thought the ARB rear would be the way to go also any comments? My jeep is an 86 cj-7 with MPI, 4.0 head, headers, mild buidup, 4" spring lift, 33x12.50's, T-19, Warm M8000, etc. It is not a daily driver, however I do sometimes drive it on the street when I need a little moral boost.

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky (& rocks & rivers & mountians etc, You get the picture.)

G

·
How do you like your ARB.? I've been thinking of getting one for my D30 front axle(89YJ). I called several places, the best pricing I received was from Tri-county gear. Let me know what you find. Have you ever had any problems like air leaks, etc?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havn't had any problems with it yet, it is still in the box on the garage floor. Waiting to get gears and rear & onboard air all hooked up and done this spring (April - May time frame)
How much was tri country gear?
Enjoying Montana's Big Sky (& rocks & rivers & mountians etc, You get the picture.)

G

·
This is just a comment and you can take it for what its worth, probably not much. I don't have air lockers but I've seen and heard alot of folks having problems with them leaking. Both in the airline and, most recently, inside the pumpkin at a fitting. It was a real bummer for a guy while we were at Clayton a few weeks ago going from a locked jeep to an open one. My thought would be to put a full time locker in the rear and just run the ARB up front. A lock-right is relatively inexpensive compared to ARB and seems to be fairly sturdy. I've seen a lot of guys running 35s and Lock-Rights without a problem.(I dont mean to open a can of worms here, I know this is an oft debated subject). However, you guys up there in the snow/ice may really love being able to turn your lockers off completely unlike a Detroit or lock-right that aren't so fun on ice.

G

·
Re:ATTN: DRM ARB Locker price from EOR

David,
I have an ad from a month ago in an issue of 4wheel drive and sport utility that says they're $571.80. Do you know if that price is still good? It smokes everyone elses.
Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.