Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hye Guys,

Anyone out there using the "Westside Performance" Aluminum Valve cover?? There add boasts "No Drilling or Leakage" and they claim it fits all CJ's. Anyone have anymore infor or opinions of this??

Thanks A Lot

Kevin Speicher
President
The New England 4x4 Club
http://www.ne4x4.com
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been wondering the same thing. Is that the one that is shaped like a stocker, only aluminum and about 160 bucks or so?

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Brad,

That is correct. It is shaped just like the stocker and the company boasts that NO DRILLING is required and that it will be leak free. I wanna get more opinions on this before i shell out the $160. I have heard a lot of bad things about the Clifford units and oil blow-by and such.

Let me know if ya find anything out and i will do the same
Thanks

Kevin Speicher
President
The New England 4x4 Club
http://www.ne4x4.com
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there,
Are you guys still looking for Info, on the valve cover, If so, I'm installing one. Let me know if you are, and I'll let you know, now it turns out. Mike.

---------------------
Mike Duncan
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us know, thanks. I'm figuring on possibly using one on the 258 I'm going to build.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the re-post, I was looking at this question farther back on the list.
As for the valve cover, I will let you guys know, once I get the engine started.
I'm putting in a new motor, with mopar fuel injection. I think I will have this
running in about 2 days. Let ya know then. Mike

---------------------
Mike Duncan
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the answer to all of your questions! As for the westside preformance valve cover, I think it's a very nice valve cover. The outside of the cover, is a sand casting, a little bit rough. It comes in a semi polished look. It has the capability of being polished nice, for those of you who would want to polish it. It is a pretty thick cover. They have their name casted into the top of the cover. All the holes for the stock air cleaner are there. It mounts to the engine, using the stock studs that come up off the rockers. They use rubber grommets with washers to seal the studs. It is nicely baffled, not like the Clifford. It requires no drilling. The front and rear holes on the cover, use set screws as guides, so when you set the cover down on the head, these set in the stock bolt holes. The surface that meets the head is all a all flat machined finish. We spread a bead of high temp silicone on the cover, let it set for a couple of minutes, and then set it down on the head, and snugged down the bolts. As it stands now, we've been breaking in the motor for about 3 days, freeway and street driving, and so far, no leaks. The contents of the kit also includes, the rubber grommets for the pvc valve and the oil fill cap, oil fill cap, the studded brackets, rubber grommets, washer and nuts for the rockers, and the alignment pins. I do like this cover over the Clifford. And it's alot easier to get. Their retailing them out here for $159.95. If anyones interested in them, I'll try to get the best deal I can for you. Mike

---------------------
Mike Duncan
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the post to BBS about the valve cover. I am almost 100% sure i will be buying this cover now. The ONLY Question i still have is this, I saw that you said: ""It mounts to the engine, using the stock studs that come up off the rockers. They use rubber grommets with washers to seal the studs.""

I have the style Valve cover on there now that is held on by the bolts on the sides of the engine and one in the rear and one in the front. Do they have the necessary parts in the kit to convert to the style you have so i can mount it from studs coming off the rockers?? When i talked to them on the phone they didn't understand what i was saying. You can see exactly what my head/cover looks like at: http://146.189.121.83/cj7.htm I have a great pic of it on there.

Thanks for the help man.

Kevin Speicher
New England 4x4 Club
http://146.189.121.83/
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kevin,
It will come with everything you need to put it on, you will not use the stock bolts.
Hopefully, I'll be able to put up some pics soon. When you take off your cover, you'll have to install the studs on the rockers. Mike.

---------------------
Mike Duncan
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.