Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for wheelin\' in Pa?

So far we have 4 - 5 jeeps going camping and wheeling in Tiona, Pa on the weekend of June 30. Tiona is just south of Warren, Pa.(northern-central part of Pa). I know that only a few of you live in Pa. and none around that area, but I thought I'd put out a open invitation for anyone interested. We will have our wives/girlfriend with us and will be tent camping right off the trail somewhere. I'll also be bringing my 2 sons (6 and 4) so it will be a casual family atmosphere. If anyones interested, drop me a email. We'd love to meet some people from this bbs.

Rick
80 CJ7
258 T176 TR upgrade

·
Registered
845 Posts
Re: Anyone up for wheelin\' in Pa?

how far is that from state college? i'd be interested.

shawn

The cup isn't half full or half empty, it's just twice the size it needs to be!!!

G

·

I need to check my calender but I may be interested, what kind of trail is this? Is it a casual trail through the woods or a harder trail with technical wheeling in it, it doesnt matter to me just curious.

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The main trails are actually logging roads for the most part, so they are real casual. Then there's the power line trail which has a couple of good long hill climbs. The older non-maintained trails can get tricky but I wouldn't call them technical(i.e. no large rocks or boulders). There's usually some mud to be found for those of us who enjoy that stuff. We try to get a little of everything during the weekend.

Rick
80 CJ7
258 T176 TR upgrade

G

·

Is that far from Berwick. My parents live there and I was thinking of swinging up on Friday night. I could always bring the tent.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif76 CJ7, 21/2"susp 1" body lift, waggie D44 front and rear, 350cid, Quadratrac, 33" BFG's/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

beee240 - a stocker will have no problem, you can decide on what you want to do. The area is mostly logging roads/trails and we take these to each different "play" area. The trails have grown over in some places so trail pinstriping is a possibility. These areas are advoided by the newer TJ's that go with us. They park and hop in with someone else and pick up their TJ when we are done with that play area.

76cj7350 - Depends on your definition of far. It's about 4 or 4-1/2 hours away. Tiona is close to Kinzua dam and the Allegheny Forest.

Right now the plan is to arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday afternoon. If anyone is interested, I'll supply detailed directions and set a place to meet.

Rick
80 CJ7
258 T176 TR upgrade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.