Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you talking clearance from the ground up, or clearance between the plate and the tranny?? If you want tranny to plate clearance, I have seen people weld steel bushings in for extra room on applications like that.

MattYJ
89YJ 4.2 5"lft 33"Firehawk ATX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robert, I don't have any drawings, but when I clocked my Dana 300 I bolted it back together, marked the area on the right side that
now hung down to far, took it back apart and cut that part off. I then cut a piece of flat stock and welded it in place. How much you can
cut out is dependent on how much you clock the xfercase.

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to talk to Jeepskate. I was looking to due the same thing and he posted that he was going to due it and take pictures since his Jeep is bodyless. I do not know if he has done yet or not. Check with him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would a flat skid-plate be the best? or one with angles or "ramps" be better?
my thought being a flat plate would have too be thicker to support the same weight as one with many smaller pieces put together, correct? The overall idea being a skid plate that could support the Jeep in a high center situation, but also one that will slide over an obstical both forward and reverse.

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is one clean crossmember! I really like the tubular setup for strength and the plate to act as a skidplate

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
5" lift, YJ front springs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.