Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first trip out with the new axle and my welds for the spring pads broke. axle rotated to where the driveshaft bound and broke the u-joint straps. (now have u-bolts)

then on the way out in front wheel drive, this stick found it's way through the floor. (notice the driveshaft next to the seat.)

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif WILL....if you could calculate the torque on the tube circle where the weld is, YOU WOULD NEVER BELIEVE IT! It is like 18 times engine peak torque or some such number. THAT's why the spot welds on the piggy housing break loose....the piggy is putting the same torque on THEM!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Hey Will cheer up. Welcome to my life./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

"No officer I haven't been drinking , Thats just how my Jeep drives"

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
dang it WILL!

I saw you 2 days ago coming up ASH street, man thats nice looking RIG!

we are gonna go and try the powerline trail tomorow afteroon in my buddys newly converted Sami, I was going to ask if you wanted to come along!

Give me a call if i can help you get it back together!

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of pieces right now

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, the date was november 21st. it's still together now. i might be available tomorrow. i'll give you a call. it happened out at the powerlines too.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Hey Will,
I had one of those days last Sunday,(it was a train wreck kind of a day),and it was mostly due to driver stupidity, and poor judgement. Bent the front drive shaft on a rock(3 weeks old),snapped passenger side front inner axle shaft,bent a new bead lock wheel,punctured a nearly new 35" Swamper,dented driver side door, punctured steering stabilizer shock, spilled my last beer while changing tires,had a 5 gal. blitz can and my 1 gal. chain saw mix can stolen off my Jeep in my driveway while having dinner(that was probably the worst part).Other than that it was a great day wheelin, I had some great moments early in the day, and my new rear axle and suspension worked flawlessly.
As long as nobody got hurt, it aint that bad.
Whatever breaks moves to the front of the list.
Jeff,
89 Wrangler

G

·
hehe yeah its just one of those days that you just wished you stayed in bed... last year, while driving down a path i usualy follow, i strayed off and went a new route, well i guess i was going to fast and i bent my front axle, broke the passenger side motor mount which droped the engine which chewed up my fan shrowed which bent the fan blade.. what was bad was the bolts form the engine mounts broke off in the engine block and i had to drill them out, it was fun, and i also blew a tire too.. i almost cried..but my baby got me home as usually all banged up and brused and a bunch of money later shes better than ever, that was on my 88 wrangler...

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.