Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity, anybody ever Herculiner'd their Sami/Kick/Tracker/etc? My carpet's rather nasty, the exterior isn't pretty, and I want to stop the rust from becoming structural. So I figure I'll buy two gallons and get me a mudproof interior and scratch proof exterior.

Along the same vein, to stop the rust that's already there from spreading I'll hit it with some POR15. Anyone used this stuff?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GRW, that would be great. I'm not looking to do anything pretty here, just make it water and trail proof, but whatever you got would be great. I know Hot Rod did a write up of POR15 a few years back, but for the life of me I can't find it. Got any clue what issue?

I'm kinda interested in this Durabak stuff, especially since it's colored. The Tracker's that annoyingly bright yellow (well, originally was bright yellow, now it's just yellow), and to tell you the truth, I've kinda grown fond of the color. Thinking I might keep it yellow if I can.
Ouch, just called and they want $139 a gallon for the yellow stuff. Hmmmmm...........have to wait and see if it's worth it. Getting a brochure and a yellow colored chip of the stuff.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: Anyone ever used POR15, Herculiner, or Durabak?

Thanks Yankee, that sounds interesting. I'll have to do that when I get to it. Would be kinda hard to be inconspicuous though.
No more late night deer spotting.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: Anyone ever used POR15, Herculiner, or Durabak?

Hahaha, you know rich, I was gonna say something sarcastic, but I guess you got it covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.