Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have friends that can\"t drive for chit

I have a buddy that can't seem to keep trucks upright. We are not talking about a hardcore wheeler either. This guy has been over four times in the last 5 months. It all started with an upside down Grand Cherokee in a PARKING LOT. While he was waiting for his insurance check, he borrowed another friends 85 toy, this guy made the mistake of telling bozo #1 that the truck "could not get stuck". He must have taken it as a chalenge, because he burried the thing up to the axles. Then he made mistake #2 and let some bigger idiots try to pull him out, SIDEWAYS. Well , you can probably figure out what happend next, thats right, one toy on it's side. About this time he gets the check, and I convenently have an 85 4runner that my girl can't afford to support. A week after he bought it he put about 5" inches of lift on it and 6 hours latter (at 2 in the morning) I get a call "Help, my truck is on it's side" Being the nice friend that I am, I go and rite the thing (that and I wanted pictures). Story is he was hauling a$$ up a hill in 2wd and fell into a 4' deep washout. At this point we thought he had learned his lesson, but NO. at 10:30 the other nite I get the "help, my truck is on it's side" call again! This time he was trying to get around a friend on the trail and put the thing on too much angle, and over it went. We told him he had no excuse for that one because he has the tilt guage package. Well at least he keeps things interesting.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Re: Anyone else have friends that can\"t drive for chit

This is going back a while, But me and some freinds were at a car show at the local A&W (huge show) I had a 72 GS and my buddie had a 68 ss chevelle. anyway, everyones like burn the tires so I was first and did a small roaster, keep in mind this is the driveway going to the road. Next it was his turn, I have no idea the laws of physics that happened here, but he popped the clutch and the car just jumped sideways. their was people lining the drive I saw it happen behind me, thier was this dude with a beer standing along right infront of the sideways chevelle, he dropped his beer and I swear to god, passed out. sooo, thiers this guy laying in front of my buddies car thats sideways in the drive. He looked like such a richard pulling back in forth to get straight again. we didn't cruise thier that night. That was funny as hell though

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

Yeah, had a buddy in the Marines who just could not get that whole "situational awareness" thing going. We'd be driving around in one of our work trucks (at the time, mid 90's F350 crewcab long beds, but alas, 2wd only) and every time he went around a corner he'd hit the curb. We had sooooo many close calls with cars and other stuff we decided no more street driving for him..................just out on the runways and taxiways. Oy, what were we thinking. So one day he and I are out doing some maintenance on our gear on the side of one of MCAS Miramar's runways. After we finished, he hops in the truck, and proceeds to back over part of the runway lighting system. It was an orange box about 3' tall and 2' wide, and it was plainly visible.
He said he didn't see it. The guys in the tower said they laughed so hard they spit coffee when they saw me do "the head slap".

The last incident that got him pretty much banned from driving started with he and I driving along one of the taxiways. Pretty simple, and nothing involved, so I figured I'd let him drive. Up ahead of us one of the helicopter squadrons is pulling a Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion along with a tug vehicle. A tug isn't much bigger than a smaller farm tractor, but a Super Stallion is fricking huge, very large and very grey. The idea is they would keep pulling and we would slow down to let them cross in front of us. Well, my friend doesn't seem to even notice. He's just barreling along. He kinda turns the truck some to go to the left of the tug, which in about 100 feet would put us smack in the middle of the Super Stallion. I say his name.

He goes, "what?" and continues on straight for the massive helicopter directly in front of us. Neck hair now standing on end, gripping the arm rest on the door, and feet firmly planted on the floorboards, I say his name one more time.
Again, "what?" is his reply.
I say, "ahead of us.......?"
"I see it", he says, yet we are still headed straight for the huge helicopter.
"The huge helicopter?" I ask.

He shakes his head, his eyes sorta bug out, and he slams on the brakes, leaving skid marks that were still there 2 years later when I left.

"I didn't see it......................."

I sometimes wondered about him, he sees the smallish white tug vehicle, but not the big, huge grey Super Stallion helicopter. He didn't drive our vehicles any more after that.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

i havent got in any wrecks but stuff does like to stay running with me long. when i turned 16 got my license. had it one week and put the tranmission out on my 91 Explorer 4x4, 4dr. That got fixed, then i was out with my friend in the snow buired the thing, and then i realized the front hubs were trash. Then about 5 months after that, i got a hole in my front right brake line, overheated the motor, and blew out a transmission seal. 3 months after that my dad traded it off for his 97 S-10. Meanwhile i had a 86 Scottsdale 2wd. Was a beast, well i was hauling a rack of hay, and i guess it was to much for the 700R4, its slipping really bad. still ahve that truck, though, im keeping it around till i get a tranny for it, or i pull the motor out of it for my GMC, The my S-10, no big time stuff has gone bad with it since my dad stoped driving it and i started to. well EGR valve got stuck open, and i balded out a set of back tire
that clutch slips of the side of my shoe alot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was at a friends house the other night drinking with my buddies. my best friend was there. I got trashed and passed out, and she decided to drive me home. After nearly backing my tailgate into a brickwall, we were out on the street. I was sleeping in and out of our drive, but the last time I woke up, it was to my friend screaming. She had ran up the curb at taco bell, and we were inches from running through the glass. Now I give her a little credit, she drives a 4runner. But apperently she couldnt handle my lifted toyota. And thoes drive throughs can be a little difficult trying to drive through. After that however, I drove her home.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

the ss and the chopper stories LOL!!!!!!!!! i cried. some people are just talented. lol im still laughing.
don't have any myslef but keep em coming

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Not long after I got to my curent duty station one of the girls in my company destroyed 5 vrhicles in one shot. She didn't have a liscense or insurance either. Someone had let her drive the car from one end of the parking lot to the other because she is just too lazy to walk it. The road around the lot is in a V with one branch going west and the other east. she came to the V and there was a car parked in front of the building there. She panicked, hit the gas and smashed into one of my soldier's car. His car hit another guy in my unit's car. She then blew past them both hitting another car that in turn flew into a nice restored VW van. Right now, for some stupid reason, our commander is letting her drive even though she only has a learner's permit and still no experience. She swerves all over the road going from the middle line to the shoulder and back. I followed her to the field last Monday and thought I was goingto die when she cut off a fuel tanker on the highway whem she turned left in front of him with out even looking it seemed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

one of the guys i work with has rolled his tj twice and has a second one for spare parts and keeps fixxing it and rolling it again and again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I work at a Land rover dealership and we do offroad trips with our customers. As we are leaving the dealership, one of our customers hit the gas insted of the brake, this sent him into the side of a brand new $70000 Range Rover, he still didn't let off and proceded to push that into a used discovery, which hit a used Range Rover. Keep in mind that he was pushing all of thes vehicles sideways, and they weigh about 500lbs each.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have relatives that can't drive, to be specific my youngest daughter and her husband. My youngest daughter drives bad because her husband was the one who taught her to drive. He drives so bad that he has smashed his Nissan pick up beyond recognition, he's had six or eight accidents all front end damage to his truck every one of them he was found to be at fault. He' s eve hit tractor trailers( plural on purpose he has hit more than one). My dughter drives so bad that I won't ride with her if we are going some were together and need to take her car, either I drive or tell her that I'll meet her there. And the worst part of this is that I taught my other daughter and my son to drive and they now both have class 1 CDL's.And neither one of them has ever had an at fault accident.

·
Registered
723 Posts

i got 2
1st when i was in the service stationed in CA ther was this road that dead ended into a canal you had to go left or right we were drivng it one night and as we got to the end asked left or right (didnt know where we were goign just driving) he looks at me and says what and there we go air to water just like the dukes at hazzard
2 my wife ran into another car changing lanes she told me she was very careful she looked behind her and in her side mirror problem was the other car was right next to her as hse turned she looked over and they just looked at each other just a grinding metal

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

got i fergot about my friend evan, he has a 77-78 around there F-150, well hes flying through town one night, hits a big dip doing 45 or so, the back leaf springs break, he had a pack of 5 or so, he has 2 left on one side and 3 on the other, the other parts are esentailly blocks now.
The His Le Baron(daily driver he has) well the hand brake got pulled quite a bit on dry-asphalt, he put out a transmission some how, bent all his struts, went through a set of tires. hes one of the dumber guys i know, but one of the few i go wheeling with a bit, his 2wd ford isnt to bad in the mudd, but we havent drivin it in a long time cuz he droped the insurance on it. That and his girlfriend has a 98 Ram Sport thats lifted, and a good mud truck, so thats evan and Reena. THen Joe has a 84 F-150 4x4, thats another wheeling buddy, then Andrew with his 99 Ram Sport...reena used to be his girlfriend...till evan stole her.duh duh DUH. so the wheeling group got broke up after that for a bit. Then Jake hasnt drivin his 84 or so Jeep Wagoneer for a long time. and my GMC hasnt been wheeling yet, so MORE STUPID STUFF TO HAPPEN

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I have another one. I used to be a tow truck driver. I don't know how this happend but I had to figure how to get it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

OK, I've got one more and heres a pic to go with it. I didn't want to say this one, cause it hits a sore spot, but anyways,
I decided to take my V8 s10 to work one day, and ended up haveing to go to a meeting about a half hour away at 10mpg (kinda sucked). My boss was following me in his cherokee, well, we exited the freeway and I was waiting at the light, when I looked up in my rear view and my boss was barreling at me. I braced myself, and he hit me soo hard, I smashed the car in front of me. I get out and am like WTF (for lack of words), and heis like I dropped my cell phone. He was all like I'll help ya out, give some cash (Mich is no fault and I had PLPD) I'm like OK. Well the story gets deeper, His sister just got elected for judge in Oakland County and the cop recognized the last name, so he didn't get a ticket, so I didn't get the 500 bucks (like it would help) from his insurance. He also basically told me too go to hell with the help. And what, I'm going to sue him when his sister is a judge?????? Anyway, the truck is torn apart now and I have a 95 to work with. Also, he got fired (he's just a "a" hole) and I got his job, I know he still doesn't have a job yet. I guess things work full circle......still miss that truck though and would like to sock him one,,,,just one
heck, with all the racing I did, that truck almost cost me my licence

Oh chit, almost forgot,,,the guy in front of me was this "inner city" dude and i think his girl freind. They got out and she came up to me to see what happened, and when I said I called the police, they both took off (brand new Grand prix w/smashed rear end)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

how about that picture from awhile ago on the chevy board. That Grand Prix that clipped a telephone pole and got cut in two

·
Registered
578 Posts

If I can figure out my digi cam, I'll be sending more pics like that.

On that note...Friday night had a 73 y.o. male driving a Model "A" hot rod hit a pole at approx. 100 mph. Said driver was thrown from disintergrated vehicle approx. 50 ft into a parked truck. The truck was parked in a driveway, where it recieved major damage to drivers side from said "flying" driver of hot rod. I'll see if there are any pics available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thats gona leave a mark

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Since when did the power company start sharpenning their poles? I guess it would keep them from having to replace dull ones that got knocked down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.