Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has used the Teraflex 3.15:1 low gear conversion for the Dana 20 T-case? If so what do you think, is it
worth it? How much does it cost? Is it relatively easy to do? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Matt 79 CJ-5
http://www.pitt.edu/~mmmst65

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes, i just installed a set of 3.15 gears in a dana 20 last week. terra low makes a good kit, it came complete with gaskets needle bearings and new 1.25" idler shaft plus all oil seals. I had to purchase new tapered roller bearings $50 for those, but it is cheap insurance for a set of gears that cost 650-750 dollars. instructions are good however the photo of the case that shows you where to grind for clearance is really bad. speaking of grinding, you can get by with a 41/2' angle grinder but an air cutoff and die grinder would make things alot easier. I would also recommend using an abrasive flapwheel to smooth out the grinding marks to reduce stress risers, (the place you grind is not exactly the strongest part of the case. To sum it all up i would give this an A recommendation: good product, can be completed in a weekend, good value compared to a ring & pinion change, and no change in highway drivability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.