Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see what kind of brackets I need other than the big cast aluminum piece to mount my York to my 304. Does anybody have any pics?

I have heard from Jeepzilla that the brackets are small and I was wondering how hard it would be to make them?

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?

G

·
My OBA project has hit a brick wall with the inability to find these brackets. someone has to be hogging them all!! At least give us pictures or even better, dimensions so wo could make them!!

81 CJ7 304/904/D300 scout 44's locked, full cage, 33"wildcats, warn HS9500i, bush bar from hell and diamondplate sides to cover gaping rust holes!! Coming soon OBA!!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
there is the large a;luminum bracket, the triangluar piece on top, and Im pretty sure a diffetn alt bracket, ive got a pic of the complete V8 setup somewhere.

ther are also a few sleeves and long bolts that mount the alternator.

OzarkJeep

"Bare foot girls, dancing in the moon light..."

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
here is the setup ( minus the sleeves and long bolts for the alt)

OzarkJeep

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Here are some pics from the FSM. You can get all the brackets off any AMC v8 with AC. Get all the alt brackets, bolts, spacers, water pump pulley, crank pulley, alt pulley, and the big compressor bracket.
Actually, you only need the pulleys if you want to run the double belts.

'79 CJ-7

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Actually what I said is not completely true. I have seen some wagoneers with rotary compressors. So obviously it needs to be an AMC V8 with a york and AC.
Heres another pic.

'79 CJ-7

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Fritz
If you look at Ozark`s pic and the bracket at the bottom ? That is the one you need IN ADDITION to the small 2 1/2 inch one that goes behind the alt. I will try and get those pictures back from the developer of my setup tomorrow and post them . I had a big bad propane scare here today and never did get out to pick them up . Be PATIENT (hehe) /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Jeff

Summer is just around the corner /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Leigh

Your right , I had a helluva time finding them .

Jeff

Summer is just around the corner /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know Jeepzilla, I'm just thinking about the lack of free time I have and I can't help but to wonder how hard it would be to make my own./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
for anyone who needs some there are several in junkyards here, the guy quoted me ( this was last year)

$110 for the York,brackets, distributer, and timing covers off of each one he has, ( he probably had 4 of them complete)

Id be willing to help out for gas/beer money

OzarkJeep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts