Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic says it... Anybody go SOA using the narrow pre 76 CJ springs? It would be great to talk to somebody with this setup, but thoughts on it are great too. I'm worried the torsion on the narrow springs will cause much too severe axle wrap even with an anti-wrap bar. (planning on the one Parts Mike makes if I do this.) Also concerned with lateral movement of the axles, again because of them being so narrow. It is for a '74 CJ5 with t150 and dana 20 behind a very strong 360. Thanks again for the opinions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wheel with a guy who has a SOA with narrow CJ springs except his are on a Scout, D44's front and rear, both axles detroit'd. I have wheeled with him a couple times and the springs flex great, he has not sway bar or trac bar on the front or rear. He has a really nice coil over steering stabilizer that he says helps alot. I will try and get in touch with him and get more details for you.

absolutjeep
http://members.tripod.com/iluvjeeps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.