Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am putting on a 6 inch super lift next weekend and i was wondering about any last minute tips that might help me with the process. i am planning on puttint WD-40 this week, but is there anything else. Also what would be best to get the rivots out?... Grinder or Air Chissel??? i am not sure on these things. Also can i rent a pitarm puller from AutoZone or somewhere like that? any help is greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok instead of wd-40 use pb blaster works much better, yes you can rent a pitman arm puller from auto zone, and as for the rivets talked to burned bronco he has a lot of expertese in that feild

·
Registered
723 Posts
i did me lift a few weeks ago
1-torch the rivets if you can but watch out for gas,electrical line on the insde of the frame if ya dont have a torch (i didnt ) i used a grinder with a cutting wheel on it and made cross cut on the head then took my air chisel and the head came off fairly easy
2- yes i rented a puller from the zone took some pics of how i did it on my web page below

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
yes, definatly torch the rivits, and be done with it 5 minutes and there off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do yourself a favor and drag the whole TTB out from under the truck. It's much easier to work if it's out of your way, rather than trying to work around it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts