Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, okay..some of you know the story, 19yr old just bought my first bronco as well as it also being my first 4x4. I don't know anyone near me who owns a four wheel drive that actually uses it for off roading "darn trailor queens" so I was wondering if any of you live between Lafayette and Houma, and maybe wouldn't mind showing me the ropes. I know it isn't wise to go off roading alone especially when you don't have any experience and your 4x4 is stock except for the 33x12.50 tires, and also, if I get stuck somewhere, I have no one capable of pulling me out, sooo..anyone wanna show me the ropes once I get my front hubs working and get some better tires (say within the next 3-4 months?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I'd love to help but I'm living in Nevada. I was stationed in Ft. Polk LA for 3 years. Something I learned... Stay on the trail. I don't know how many Humv's I got stuck because I left the trail. I was able to sink one to the fenders on a hilltop!
Have you checked your local area for clubs? I imagine for LA I'd build a High lift, Big Tire, Rig for the mud. Boggers would work awsome there. NORM

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Norm. It's going to be awhile before I get my bronco set up like I want. I'm thinking ARB air lockers front and rear, 33 or 35 inch boggers, 4.10 gears if I put the 33's but I may go higher if I get the 35's. I'd like to get a 12,000 warn winch...maybe 15,000, a bit overkill I know, but hey, I get a bit wild sometimes and there won't be much I can't get out of with that. And I'm thinking of a 6" Superlift kit, but when I'm actually ready to buy my lift I'm gonna ask around on here and see what the guys think. And only club I know of in my area is a Chevy club, but I'll ask around and see what I can find. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
In reply to:

darn trailor queens
just cause then ride on the trailer to wheeling places doesnt make all trucks trailer queens.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Agreed. Theres a guy here in nj who has to trailer his 79 ford around, but thats cause its not exactly safe (or legal) to drive a truck on tractor tires!

What we have around here is what you'd call a 'pavement pounder'. In my area, its rare enough to see a monster truck, but i can guarantee you that if you see it, its gonna be clean and shiny - real shiny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts