Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know (maybe Dirt Dog) if there are jeep events coming up in ohio, and if so where at and when
thanks!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Are you around Cleveland still.
I could get you some local dates around me (dayton area}
My Buddies club does regular events {sw of dayton} but I have'nt looked into
them real heavy. I know he likes it but I hear too many drinking on the trail stories/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif I'm not a prude (wadda ya mean you don't have a beer to offer me!!!}but I say save it for camp. I am going to look into them more this spring.....maybe it's just a few trying to ruin it for the rest?
My "local" trail is only 200 yards long.
Any body else from ohio got any imput or ideas?
If you've got a place to run maybe some of us could get together for a run/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
It would be cool/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif to see some faces with some of these names.
Come on buckeyes(& close) how many of us are there?

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
20 mi n of dayton(Troy)
You can e-mail me or send me a private OR post a new thread.
Lets get something going........at least by spring!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
I know I can drag along at LEAST 2-4 cj's w/ me/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys. I'm from Canton, OH and I've heard rumores that part of the Ravenna Arrsonal might get turned into a 4wd park. About 3 hours to the east in Connellsville PA the is suppose to be a trail and there is also a 4wd park in PA. I think I am going to check them out this summer. 4x4 NOW has a write up about the one in Connellsville.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Tim are you coming back to Ohio or keeping your head in the clouds?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
We used to vacation in Estes park every year......BEAUTIFULL!
I love the rockies/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't decided yet. I'll be in Ohio over the summer. My Jeep is back in Ohio and I have a lot of work to do to it. I go 4 wheeling with a bunch of guys in the a club in CO that I'm part of. The wheeling is much better in Colorado but I still like Ohio. I miss being so far from the great lakes since I also love boating and fishing. As for after the summer I'll probably be back in Colorado but nothing is set in stone.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
How many Ohio jeepers/offroaders do we actully have here?
Friends come in many different flavors.
Who wants too wheel?
Tim Ohio does'nt have any hills after you've been in colorado does it?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
ps.... if you miss a switchback on some of the roads the 2000ft fall can be a b**ch./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have mole hills in Ohio. It isn't the 2000ft fall that is a b**ch it is the sudden stop at the end that is a b**ch. I'll be willing to wheel this summer if I get my Jeep back to par. It is needs a new frame and tranny and while I'm at it; it will probably get a 350 tbi and 1 ton full width axles. That is if I have time and money however.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Guess you're right Tim...kinda like bungee jumpin in a jeep w/o a rubber band .
OUCH/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just checked on the 4wd park in PA. It is right outside of Altoona which is probably 4-5 hours from me depending which vehicle I take and how it runs. It is a pay to play park with over 900 acres. If you schedule a group they provide a trail leader. There is suppose to be some "rock crawling" there. This could be an interesting trip for some of us. spook where in canton are you at?

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I hope this thread picks up more replies so we can get something together.
We need a place and the people.
CAN WE DO THIS?????????????????

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow alot of replys, i'm game for anything just let me know when and where, i still need to get some goodies for my jeep come summer time, but if we can get some dates setup, i think we can really get some stuff going!

(\/)ikey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not from Ohio but I do live in eastern Indiana. Have any of you ever been to Haspen Acres in Laurel,IN ? It is about 15 minutes south of Connersville,IN or approx. 20 min. west of Oxford,OH. It is a 750 acre privately owned off-road park that can be pretty interesting especially in wet conditions. There are quite a few quads and dirtbikes there on the weekends but for the price it isn't too bad. (That is one good thing about the colder/wet weather--less quads)It costs about $9 a person ( I think) and that includes camping if you want to. We try to go there about once a month, maybe we could get together sometime. Let me know if you want to and I will talk with some friends and see if they would like to go also.

Kelly
[email protected]

Thanks,
Kelly S.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys I am in upstate NY(Rochester) and I know one of the guys(ok I don't know him but I have his email and have been invited down) who blazed those trails in Altoona. THere is an article on the Altoona off-road park on one of the sites, 4x44u or jjournal..not sure which one. ANyway if you want to get something together in Altoona I could get a fairly large bunch from here in NY.
Maybe 10 Jeeps.....not sure but probalby around that number

Kelly S.- i have a VERY VERY close friend who goes to school in Miami of ohio(aka Oxford) and I might be down in that area within the next month...so maybe we could hit up that park you were talking about!!!

absolutjeep
http://members.tripod.com/iluvjeeps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey kelly that place by oxford sounds great, i have some friends that go to miami university there, and i visit them quite often, if its only 20 minutes away that'd be great!, and u can't beat camping for 9 bucks is it open all year?
try to get more info about it!

(\/)ikey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Haspin Acres place sounds good, I could make that. I'm near the intersection of 71 and 275 in Cincinnati.

Non compis mentis./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hapen Acres is open year round. If the weather is wet, you had better like mud!! There isn't any marked trails and we usually find something new every time we go. We were hoping to go and get some trails marked this year. BE CAREFUL of some of the mud holes there. I have seen trucks with 44's get swallowed up to their doors there. They do have a concession stand, free air, and bathrooms/showers available. It is in Laurel, Indiana on 121. Take any supplies you might need because the town doesn't have much except for a mom and pop store and gas station. Haspen is only 3 minutes frm downtown. (I'm not joking). Let me know when you want to go. You can email me for more info if you want.

Thanks,
Kelly S.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hapen Acres sounds interesting. Miami of Ohio was my second choice for college. I have friends down there also. Still the summer is better for me since I'm in Colorado.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.