Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's not a HARDCORE wheeling issue, but I've swapped an ('84??) F150 console into my Jeep. I like the console as it's a lot bigger than the console I had in there. But those cup holders stink!

I'm thinking about finding some aftermarket cup holders and installing them into this console. But before I do that, I thought I'd check and see if somebody has already gone down this road.

Are there any obvious answers that I'm not seeing? Anybody want to share their solution?

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
5 Posts
cupholders

ok, so this is really of no help to you, but i just wanted to commiserate. the cupholders in my console freakin suck too! They'll hold a can, a 1-ltr, and a 54oz or 64oz cup. If you can find them (all the circle k's down here have gone to styrofoam cups that all have the same size bottom that won't stay put.
bossman had made just a simple box out of 1x4s to hold his jug though, and it worked for everything he did in his F350 (but he was much more construction and camping than off-roading).

If anyone has a solution, please let us know! Im tired of wearing my soda just because I had to shift in the middle of a turn and had to let go of my cup.

Reamer

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
wow.... it's been forever since I've been here..... but I wanted to post a solution. It's a little on the "hillbilly" side, but I'm thrilled with the function....

I used some PVC pipe from Lowes. This is the thin walled stuff for yard drainage (I believe). Get you a length of the pipe a coupler, and a couple of the end caps. Cut the coupler into thin rings. This will create the "lip" of the cup holder. Cut the PVC pipe to whatever length you want the depth of your cup holders to be. Then it's just a matter of cementing the thin ring at the one end of the length of pipe, and an end cap at the other. Cut holes in the console big enough to accept the new cup holders, and bond in place!

WHA LA!..... cup holders that actually hold something!

Mine are just shoved into place and don't move at all. I need to bond them for weather sealing purposes. And I'd like to paint the whole deal to hide some of my rough edges. But otherwise, I'm pretty happy with them. The only changes I would make would be to cut the rings a bit shorter so the cup holders wouldn't be so tall in the console. And perhaps cut the pipe a little shorter so it's easier to get a can of pop out. Maybe I'll do this once I'm bored... lol.....

Ok... now I'm going to try to post pics.... wish me luck!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.