Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the anti theft postings, and I have a story...
In May of '96, I was on my way back to the mid west from the Florida Keys. In Miami a front brake caliper locked up, and needed attention in short order. I rented a motel room, and went to the auto parts store. I picked up everything I needed except for one bearing race, and ordered it. It was due first thing the next morning.
I got my tools out, and replaced everything but the race, and got ready for it. While I was cleaning up my tools shortly after dark, a thin black man with a bad complexion and dirty cloths stuck a pistol in my right kidney from behind, and told me he was going to kill me if I didn't give him the keys.
I used a hand full of wrenches to deflect the pistol, and cracked him in the forehead with a dead blow hammer, leaving a depressed skull fracture nearly two inches in diameter, and about an inch and a half deep.

I was detained by the Miami police for a week while they waited to see if the 24 year old crack head-car jacker with over 140 arrests was going to die or not.
He didn't, but he will never color inside the lines again, really enjoys soup through a straw, and can't figure out where his toes go when his shoes are on.

I, on the other hand, just had the last law suit dismissed a month ago, and I have incurred over $270,000.00 in legal fees, been arrested and released twice, had my jeep and trailer with a Harley and an enduro stolen while in jail in Miami, and lost a boat load of business while trying to get over the legal problems.
I recommend avoiding Miami in general, and South Miami Heights (just off the Florida turnpike) in particular.

I don't spend a nickel in Dade County (Miami), and I never will.
I still go to the Keys every year, (Monroe County) and that crap just doesn't happen there.

Next time my anti-theft device will be a 9MM and a shovel.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is in answer to DDawg16.
I didn't say I was in jail for a week, I said I was detained for a week in Miami. The detectives told me if I left town, there would be warrant issued for my arrest for attempted murder. Then I was arrested TWICE, and transported back to Fla. Both times the charges were dropped. The first time was for battery resulting in serous bodily injury, and the second time was for violating his civil rights.
There were witnesses. Two uniformed private security guards for the motel, my girl friend setting less than 10 feet away, and about a half a dozen crack heads hanging around the telephones in a closed gas station parking lot on the other side of TWO twelve foot razor wire topped chain link fences, that the gunman/car jacker/crack head climbed to rob the tourists.
I hit the guy once, and only once. I gave him CPR with the security guards until the paramedics got there.
The only question was with the gun. It turned out to be a pellet gun that looked like a real gun. I couldn't tell the difference in the dark, but it seems to make a difference to the crack heads in the projects. I would say he is lucky my 9MM was in the lock box in the room already.
As for all the questions the police had, it was my impression that the beat cops were glad to be rid of the looser, and the detectives were through, but saw the light. My problem was with the D.A.'s office, and the local leaders in the projects.
I am in the process of trying to get the arrests expunged from my record, and you wound not believe how hard that is.
I underwrite docu-cam video cameras to the local Sheriff's department, I underwrote three bullet proof vests for my local city police, and I lend and donate scuba equipment to the local police rescue teams, and I work the local state police and sheriffs' camps for at risk youth every year.
I am not giving or donating anything until I get the legal fees paid. My home county is feeling the pinch, and they know why. I tried to donate eather through my companies or personally at least ten thousand a year. They don't like Fla. very much now.
Does this answer your questions?

I will never trust the so called justice system again. Why do you think I should?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.