Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another doorless \'mirror\' question

Just a simple question about what everyone is doing about the holes left in the door after removing the mirrors. I'm considering some small flat head screw painted the color of my Sami or finding some small plastic plugs. I am hoping to make it so that you don't notice the holes are there without using filler, etc... Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I'll be back.

G

·
Re: Another doorless question

i think i heard on THE list that some ppl are just puttin them there without using the brackets... is that right?

~GooT~
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not drink and park, accidents cause people.

·
Registered
531 Posts

I never worry about it 'cause my doors haven't been on all spring and summer. I know that ain't helpful, but those little holes don't compare to all the rock-kisses (dings) and mother nature's pin-striping (scratches) I have all over my zook. So I leave 'em. :)

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

·
4,429 Posts

that dont make since if your doorless your mirrors are off inless there mounted somewhere else if there off why worry about LOL

RUN IN TO YOU LATER

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Clarified - 'mirror' /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

I'll be back.

G

·

"that dont make since if your doorless your mirrors are off inless there mounted somewhere else if there off why worry about LOL"

dparker.... WHAT THA HECK DID YOU JUST SAY HAHAHAHAH. im sorry im sleepy and dont understand that heheh.

~GooT~
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not drink and park, accidents cause people.

·
Registered
531 Posts

Nah, I got my mirrors mounted right in front of the doors, which is why I have those aforementioned stock mirror mount holes in my doors...

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

G

·
Re: Another doorless \'mirror\' question

What I did on one of my recently painted Samurais is to screw a screw into the hole. We then cut it off so the hole would be plugged. I put a quick spot weld on it and then bondo'd over the top. Looking at it after painting, you'd never know there were screw holes there.

http://www.rocky-road.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts