Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the wheel joints this spring. They are out again, i figured our why, my bearings are gone, and the axle won't go out of 4x4 mode
. The list goes on, ball joints out, steering satbilizer out, almost every else is gone. Well now forthe annoying part. I have asked this beforeandi will again, is worth buying a rebuilt axle or taking it in? I am not about to tackle something like this, too much time to spend on it. And also other than Currie, who sells axles for the XJ. I ahve found a few places that make them for the smaller jeeps, but the ones they sell are not going to be wide enough for the XJ. Just thaught of another question, where is the tag on the 30? I went to the dealer to get a price on a new factory axle and the wanted to know what the tag said. Thanks guys/gals.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Rule #1: Never, EVER, under any circumstances goto the Stealership for stuff like that. They will outright bend you over the table and slam you for all you are worth. Dynatrac makes axles for the Cherokee and I know there are a couple others that I'm not thinking of, but you're looking at spending $3-4000 easily for one then. You're better off moneywise to have someone rebuild the axle you have, NOT the dealership but a garage that specializes in drivetrains.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.