Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a switch that controls the blower speed for the AC other then the speed switch on the AC controls. The problem is, I have the fan set to high and while I drive aprox 1500 RPM the fan speeds up and slows down. At an idle it is slow.Should I look at replaing the blower or is it a sensor?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Fan speed

The fan is powered directly thru that switch to the resistor plate installed thru the airbox in the engine compartment then to the fan motor. Check your wiring diagram and make sure you have a good ground. (I think it's inside the dash near the radio.
) The resistor plates crack occasionally, and they can also burn if you get leaves in the wiper cowl. You can pull it by just removing the 2 screws that hold it, and pull it out gently by the wires. While you have it out, pull the blower motor and test it by running power directly to it. Then clean the ducts & A/C evaporator core thoroughly before you reinstall the blower & resistor.

This is the resistor plate:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that you mention it. I see the light dim when I stop at a light. Also with the AC on high the voltage show's a little in the red when stopped. When I go it moves a little above the red into the ok side. I havn't read the actual; voltage but it might be a good idea. This only happens when I have the ac running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts