Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 YJ has this annoying buzz that comes, from my best guess, from the heater coil/blower area in the passenger footwell. It is strange because it only happens around the 30 mph mark. Below that, not enough vibration to rattle it. Above that the ride and motor vibrations smooth out enought that it doesn't rattle. I have had no luck finding the source. Anyone else with similair experience?
BTW, thanks to everyone for the help with the T-case prob. It was a simple vacuum issue. Cleaned the vacuum tube behind the battery and it works fine now. Made a little filter for it to help prevent the same problem in the future.

TXJeepr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha! I had that same problem. It comes and goes for me, and I ruled it as a loose screw somewhere. It was annoying, and hard to explain to a few dates (haha). No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Although it did seems to dissappear after I put my doors and top on. Go figure, it's a jeep thing I guess. :)

-Brian
93 YJ, 4.0L, Tuffy'ized interior

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A common point of buzzing rattles in YJs, especially with 2.5ls, is the post on the side of the passenger front seat that acts as the catch for the forward folding seat frame. It's easily eliminated as the source of the buzz by wrapping it with electrical tape until the excessive clearance is taken up. If the post has alot of rusty dust around it and the seat catch, this will probably cure it. I used to fix alot of the Wranglers this way when they were still under warranty. Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.