Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,477 Posts
hey man, aint it funny how you slowly become a ""addict"" and dont even realize it?!?!?! nope, there is NOOOO known cure for the "zukin bug" that you have caught. but if you continue to visit this board, there are some very very good therapists on here that can help ease the symptoms!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

· Registered
4,684 Posts
I've been able to help many of the Zukaholics back to a almost normal life thru the 12-steps of ZA (Zook Anonymous. I guess you could call me a "Zook sponsor".

First, I have the addict sign over the titles of all the Suzuki's they possess. Remember, it's people, places and things that cause this addict. The sooner you get the Samurai out of your house, the sooner you'll be on the path to recovery.

Second, once an addict has "cleaned" him/herself up, I have them contact me whenever they see a Zook so I can go and have it removed. Outta sight, outta mind.

Third, in the case of relapse, I overdose the addict as part of a "Scared Straigt" program. Several barrel rolls in a Samurai generally relieve the addict of the urge to climb things with any automobile.

I hope this helps.

Yankee Tim/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Like get thru this year as enthusiast need spend more time
working in shop and less time at bbs.

Scott_CJ8 expertise in Zuk field Q&A = ADDICT
Guess a congrats is inorder

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tim, but I don't think I could survive the cure. Heck, if it weren't for my Zuke, I wouldn't have been able to survive the Jeep withdrawl I had when I sold my Scrambler. -No, I'll just stay addicted.../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
....Now if only I could find a way to convince my wife that I'm normal..../wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif ....naw!

Scott Trester
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html

· Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Bought a Sidekick Sport back in Feb, and it didn't take long to become addicted. I think I spend more time riding around in that truck than anywhere else:) I can spot a zuke from a mile away.
Now, I'm just dying to get an old samurai and build a cool rig! (Anyone got one for sale in the Atlanta area?:)

· Registered
2,637 Posts
you wanna talk about being an addict....I don't even have my Zook yet (it's on it's way) and I'm already wanting to park the 2000 Camaro SS to drive the Zook!!! Man, am I sick or what!!!!

· Registered
3,477 Posts
nope, no sirrreee, nada, dont think so at all man, its a GREAT thing to anticipate a zuk like that, man, its completely normal. its called zukitis. just wait until you start catching tinkeritis. it just keeps gettin better man... PROMISE!!!!!
BiLLy bOb

G

·
you're speakin' the truth BillyBob!!

-Mitch
86 samurai
33"BFG, YJ rear 3"rears up front w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to think "tire envy" was bad and thought I had it cured, seems to re-occur alot! My "Zuke Fever" flares up every now and then, but gets some relief with an application of "trail-ride salve". It is however, Incureable! Guess we just have to learn to live with it.
Tinkeritis - got it! Modification madness - got that too! (similar to "fab fever") - and don't forget the "upgrade itch".

Scott Trester
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html

· Registered
3,477 Posts
many of those ""problems"" can either be solved or enhanced at zukimelt next month man. but dont worry, there is plenty of worthy therapy that will be there.
BiLLy bOb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.