Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Here is the poop on the new Davis Unified Ignition changeover one-piece 50,000 volt distributor for all those AMC engines: 290-304-343-360-390-401 You can get them from PERFORMANCE DISTRIBUTORS 2699 BARRIS DRIVE MEMPHIS TN 38132 ph: 901-396-5782 Each distributor is "blueprinted" and set up specially for the individual engine size. You can crawl over the fence ten years from now and get HEI parts out of the wrecking yard to fix it, and the coil is, of course, in the cap GM style. The street version is 350 bucks. If you are runnin' moon, the race version is 425, but you'll pay that back in one trip. The web site is: http://performancedistributor.webjump.com

CJDave

G

·
for that much $$$ you mine as well get the MSD off-road 6 setup for about $500. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Markey...it is three AM....you are out in the BOONDOCKS and by the sheerest freak accident, your power steering pump came loose and bashed the distributor during that last bounce. You're really screwed....but wait...what's that? Yes...a farmhouse...AND in the yard, covered with brambles is an old Chevy pickup. You sneak over and look under the hood. Covered with leaves is the distributor...a GM HEI from 1978....silently you remove the cap and steal away into the brush to your waiting Jeep. THAT'S WHY YOU USE THIS DIST!! So you can get parts when the Janet Reno-Dirtbag "end times" get here and they cut off the off-road parts supply to keep YOU helpless and dependent like all Democrats want you to be. THAT'S why, Markey! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Hey, am I a right-wing crazie or what? Just remember you heard it here first!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Hay my Jeepin bro's I put the DUI in my 77 CJ5 w/ a 350 sm blk it kicks mucho bootie,it is a snap to "drop in"also get the plug wires(live wires ) to go w/ it they are 8mm wraped in a heat shield you will need 10mm plug/wire looms. Set your gap at 50/55- advance your timming to 12 deg -run 1 wire to you starter switch ..and your muddin.. it's toooo easy I live around memphis and got mine local. You may need to put a 1 inch carb spacer under your carb so the air cleaner will clear I did,but it only runs 27-39 dollars at any speed shop /jegs/summitt

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Hey Dixie Taco.....There is a possibility that us stocker guys will be OK on the aircleaner clearance....it's the power steering pump that is our bugaboo. So, are YOU runnin' moon these days with your new DUI?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Here it is 9:00 pm friday night. Just got home from playing raquetball and a little sand volleyball(god I love Arizona). I sit down to read some informative Jeep tech and come across the name 'Taco Ed'.

"Why does he call himself that?" I ask myself. "Does he work at Taco Bell?" "Taco Bell does sounds kinda good right now"

Well thats it... Im going to run down the street and get some tacos.

Oh by the way... HEI over MSD anyday even if you go just on simplicity.

Have a good weekends lads....

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I'm not sure where Ed gets the Taco idea, but he is in the deep south where grits is supposed to be what they eats(whatever grits are?)/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif I think I asked him that once before but cannot recall what the answer was./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Man.....NO WONDER that Jeep isn't getting finished! Stop all outside activities and get to wrenching!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif How dare you have a life outside Jeepdom./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Use the stock Motorcraft Electronic Ignition from 78 Jeep. In 20 years of extreme 4 wheeling at varoius national events I have never seen a failure using the stock setup. 4 wheel hardware has new distributors for around $100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.