Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Late '60's Jeeps were made by Kaiser, 1970's Jeeps were made by AMC, what name is used on the vehicle title for "make"? I.E. do your titles say Jeep, AMC, Kaiser, AMC Jeep, Kaiser Jeep, or what? I need this answer to help me in research on vehicle registration database. Thanks in advance. Ed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 67 Cj-5 title says JEEP. Of course it's not the original title from the manufacturer, I guess it( the original) could have been different.

Greg
89 XJ, 83 CJ-7, 79 Blazer, 67 CJ-5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 1970 title shows the make as Jeep, I have also owned a mercury and it was titled mercury not ford motor company, and I have never seen a title that said General Motors. What I am saying is make refers to the car line not the overall owner of the company.
good luck, jjc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 1968 CJ5 title & reg says Jeep.

1968 CJ-5 225 V6/T14/18/27frt/44rr

If life gets boring, risk it!

·
Registered
418 Posts
My 79 CJ5 says Jeep on the reg, and so did the 75 DJ5 (made by AM General not AMC).

-Dana

Smallpox has been largely destroyed - should the virus be given endanged species status?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Our 1979 CJ7 that we got from the guy who brought the Jeep out to homoland (CA) from Connecticutt says "Amer" on one paper, "AMC" on the other, and for model it says "Conv." So we have a four-wheel drive AMC convertible./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Florida they just put "Classic" for anything before 75..

Just kidding.. my title says Jeep as well. I was thinking of ordering a license plate for "antiques" or "classics". You can get one in FL for a vehicle older than 75. It's like a specialty plate but has no special design. It's all white, old style, a weird plate # and instead of the county it'd say "antique" or "classic".

Pretty cool, I thought..

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
The title for our 1986 AMC/Jeep Cherokee XJ reads "Jeep" for make and "station wagon" for model. Ditto for registration card./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Yeah, our Grand Cherokee(97) says that too....Jeep for make and Sta wagon for model. So we got a GC sta wagon and a CJ convertible! Don't you just picture a fat, Olds Vista Cruiser station wagon from the 70's and a sleek, red Thunderbird convertible. Here we are with mud tires and LOTSA GEARS!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif To be fair to PENDOT(Pa. Dept of Transportation), classifying a Cherokee as a station wagon isn't too far of a stretch. Our Ford Windstar minivan is also classed as a station wagon. I recall one of my fellow Pennsylvanians(was it GA?)who said his CJ was classed as a coupe??/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif That seems a bit of a reach!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif technically, if you welded up the threads on just one bolt so the top could not actually come off, it WOULD be a coupe....it meets the criteria./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Dave, you and your/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif MOONGUY/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif crew aren't...er...MOONLIGHTING at PENDOT, are you??? /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the response, looks like Jeep will cover most rigs except those from Connecticut or CA!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.