Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,452 Posts
But don't take it off road and expect the two piece axle to live long.
Mine lasted for more than thirty years. A couple of times one would start clicking on torque reversal. I tightened the nut WAY over spec and solved the problem.

1st Post Atempt Here: Testing?
Test works. Welcome to the board! Have you checked the thread "2009 Bash"?

· Registered
11,452 Posts
Sounds like bearings are worn,
Or they aren't shimmed properly.

No big deal, just need some fresh bearings and seals, and set the preload up properly.
It's all in the Manual. No big deal.
Uh, Aaron, that was posted almost 8 years ago by someone who apparently has been banned, or at least has been active on the board for years. I don't think he's still looking for an answer. :D

On the subject of replacement 1-piece shafts for the AMC 20, keep in mind that some kits use bearings and seals that are not as readily available as stock parts. If you have to replace one it might take a special order. Also, the tubes on the CJ version are known to be weak and can be bent if overloaded well past their intended use. Probably not a concern with a mild tire size increase, unless you plan to do Dukes of Hazzard jumps. :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.