Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What locker would be sufficient for my jeep, mostly ride on the highway (90%) on 10% offroad .I dont climb rocks but I still want all wheels to pull when needed.

G

·
If you have an open diff and aren't running bigger than 33s, $240 and a couple hours later you can be locked up with a LockRite.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
I'm just passing on someone elses opinion here:

Parts Mike advises not to use a Lock Right or simular locker in the rear of a vehicle that sees a lot of street time. The constant lock and unlock of the mechanism will wear it out relatively quickly. A stronger case type locker would be better, such as a Detroit Locker. An ARB would be even better for your uses. It's a matter of how much you are prepared to spend. I would also do something about your two piece axles if your going to use a locker. A one piece kit would be the best case scenerio, torquing the axle nut down to 400 ft.lbs sounds like a decent idea if money is an issue. Another one is to have an extra keyway cut in the shaft.

jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.