Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, How about 31x11.5\'s on Pathfinder

Well, since nobody seemed to know if 31x12.5's would fit, how about 31x11.5's on an '88 V6 Pathfinder 4x4 with a 15x8 wheels with a 4 7/8" backspacing. The suspension is stock except for stiffer torsion bars. Anyone know if they'll rub the inner fender when turning, hit the fender lip, etc.?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Alright, How about 31x11.5\'s on Pathfinder

You can go 32x11.50's with a 2 - 3" body lift, so I really don't think that 31's should be a problen for ya? if your still not sure, ask a friend who has some 31's etc to swap with you for a day, that's what I did to see how a 35 would fit?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks for the info. i don't want to get a lift which is why i wanted to put 31's on but i'd rather go with 11.5" or 12.5" width if it'll fit. If i had a lift though I'd definately get 32" or 33"s. Unfortunately, i don't know anybody with 31x11.5 or wider. thanks again though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

My Pathfinder came stock with the 31x10.50's, it was a 95 however so I'm not sure what your clearance spec's are?
I am a bit confused though, I don't think I've ever seen a 31x11.50 do they actually exist, and if so what brand if you don't mind me asking?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I found some ads in a Four Wheeler magazine selling 31x11.5" GoodYear mud tires and 31x12.5" BFG A/T KO's and Mud Terrains; they also had some Mickey Thompson's and Super Swampers in 31" with wider widths than 10.5". i think the ads were from Desert Rat? in Arizona and 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers in Cali. I called to verify that they sold these sizes but didn't order since i wasn't sure if they'd fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Wow! I guess I just never paid attention to those??? I know the Mickey T's always come in odd-ball sizes, and the Swamper TSL's usually are 1" norrower in tread than listed although the sidewalls are closer to being true.
So good luck on your decision making (flip a quarter???)

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I was able to fit BFG 32/11.50s mud terrains with no lift on my 87 Pathfinder. All I had to do was to chop off mud flaps and some fender flare with a Ginsu . It did not rub anywhere. So, I am pretty certain that one should be able to fit 31-11.50s, if you are not to shy about chopping off any plastic parts that get in the way. BTW, I ended up selling 32-11.50s, because I couldn't fit chains in all four tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the input, unfortunately i already wussed out and got 31x10.5"s. Problem is no one seems to make wheels with the right 4 7/8" backspacing so i had to get 15x8 with only 3 1/2" backspacing so i think 11.5" would rub the outer fender in turns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts