Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Re: Almost Unbreakable CV\'s-Who wants them?

Well, seeing as how the Track/Kick is IFS, that would make sense.

So, it'll be stonger, a wee bit larger... one of the common causes for blowing them is due to the angles that they are run at, i.e. too much lift.

Hence why Calmini's 3" lift kit drops the front housing.

Would these 'magical' CV's prevent that need? Could I run my 2.5-3" taller coils without having to mess around with the front housing?

Either way, i'm interested!

· Registered
323 Posts

That was sarcasm, guys! I read the other forum... everyone seems hyped, which i'm glad to see.

Locally, there's a very good shop that is well known for SAS into the Kicks. Everyone is on the bandwagon. Having a nearly-indestructable CV would kill their argument!

Of course, you never did answer my question.... will is hold up to the angles that the stock CV's wouldn't? i.e. 2-3"?

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Will be able to handle angles better..........Being larger adds strength. What do you mean by a 2-3" angle?
I don't understand measurement of angle in inches. Degrees yes. Thanks for the interest.

· Registered
323 Posts

I meant the angles that came with lifting the vehicles 2-3". Everyone that I know who blows CVs does so on the trail, and it usually doesn't happen till the truck has 2" or more suspension lift. Anything under than, and you're not putting any undue stress on the joints.

For instance, the biggest complaint that I hear about RRO's 2.5" suspension lift is that a lot of people blow CVs due to the driveshaft angles. This is why Calmini's kit drops the front housing, to keep the joint angles in line.

So, what i'm asking is that if one (such as myself) were to throw in some coils that would lift the Kick about 3" without getting some nifty control arms or dropping the front housing, would the CV's easily handle the increased driveshaft angles.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Without "nifty" or correct components to lift a vehicle properly ................I have do idea whether or not the CV's would be able to hold up to an improperly lifted vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.