Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the last of the plumbing parts that I needed for the BroncoAir install today. I should have the air tank and plumbing installed this weekend, and hopefully I can talk my 12yr old son to take pictures of the install. If he does I will post a report sometime next week.

So far the install is working great, I just need to find a final place to mount the 2 1/2 gallon air tank. The owner of BroncoAir has been very helpfull in the installation.

Best Regards
Dave Couch

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: Tank under seat

Mine's on the pass side where the smog pump used to reside. I had it easy besause there was already a double pulley on the alternator. Hey Burned, did you do custom brackets?
EDIT: Dave, the kit looks good on the website. What have you guys done/will do with the rest of the air sys?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Tank

Thanks, should I be concrned with the exhaust system? Will this pose any problems, do I need a heat sheild?

thanks in advance.

Dave Couch

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Heat

Heating the air AFTER it's in the tank will only increase your available air pressure/volume. You'll never heat it to a dangerous temperature since the exhaust is cooling rapidly as it flows thru the thin-walled exhaust tubing and very little will radiate onto the tank. I kept one in my truck for a while and filled it to ~150psi and never had the pop-off release anything, but that would be a way to ensure it doesn't explode - pop-off valves are easy to add.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Heat

Thanks for the info. I was concerned but now I know where to mount it. This is not the first time I have had to worry about my own "hot air"

Best Regards
Dave Couch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Heat

I found an even better place to mount the air tank. I have a ton of room inside the front bumper. If I mount it behind where the license plate is, inside the bumper there is enough room. I have already drilled holes into the bumper for driving lights so it is not a "virgin".

Dave Couch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.