Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone cranked up their t-bars and been able to get an alignment after? Ive talked to a couple shops and they tell me it cant be done. My mudders have worn funky and are noisy as h-ll. I dont want to buy new tires and have the same thing again in a year, The rear tires ar in great shape. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. If I had it to do over again I would have saved the money for a suspenion lift instaed of body.

·
Registered
374 Posts
how much did you crank them... over 1"? if you went over that you may run in to alignment problems im not for sure, but i know you will run into CV wear over 1". if its under that i don't see why they couldn't align it. I have had mine cranked then aligned.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
If it can't be alaigned then you cranked it too far or the shops don't realize that they have to remove the knockouts in the frame.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
First, you shouldn't crank on them more than 3/4". Second, does the shop realize that they have to put an alignment "kit" on the truck? Basically it means removing some knockouts and depending on the year, adding some hardware.

Also, how often are you rotating your tires? If they're MTs they should be rotated at least at every oil change.

How are they worn? bald in the middle? worn on the outside? cupped? feathered?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yep they're right, but I've got to ask - why in the hell didn't you rotate your tires? For a year none the less! That's a good way to wear out tires. It's murder to mudders, and at about $500 to $700 average for a set that's crazy. It sounds to me like you may need an alignment (in which case a good mechanic will check for loose parts and bad shocks), a vehicle maintenance plan, and possibly go easier on the corners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. The tires have feathered. They have only been rotated once, I guess you live and you learn. I have the T-bars cranked a litte past level because the BF GOODRICH MT's rubbed the corner of the bumper when I hit bumps in a turn. The boys at 4Wheel Parts told me when I ordered the package that everything would be OK. I am well aware of the great love of that place by you guys and Ive learned my lesson. Thanks again, I think I might shave the corners of my bumper and rotate my tires more often this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.