Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 months ago, I bought what I thought was a complete Black Diamond lift kit from Trailquest in Ohio. I was told that for $640.00 I would get everything I needed to do a quality job, including a transferkit lowering kit and a drop pitman arm. I never received this merchandise, and ended up buying from a local source.

I am trying to get credit for these parts (about $140)... but he is NOW telling me that he actually GAVE these to me. I've got a $1000.00 charge on my credit card that says he DID charge me... I ordered additional stuff... and have my original notes, with the prices he quoted me. That means that I spend $640 for springs, shocks and u-bolts. I ended up buying the COMPLETE Warn install kit, which included EVERYTHING I needed, not just the t-case and drop arm...

He is unwilling to credit me for the parts I NEVER received. In fact, I spoke with Warn, and after telling me I would get the parts, he ordered them from Warn, and then cancelled the order, saying that I didn't want this stuff...

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CROOK!

I will be disputing the charges.

YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That kind of surprises me. I bought a TeraLow t-case kit from them a month ago, I got it quickly and everything seemed to be there.
They even sent me a check for $20 because they overcharged me.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you ordered the stuff on a credit card,
call them and say you dispute the charge,
let them go after the guy, a retailer
usually won't want the hassel of fighting it out
with them, to much at stake long term.
I've done it several times and it always worked,
and it was always the truth, if your sure about
it, go for it.
My $.02
Gary '78cj7

·
Registered
208 Posts
Unfortunately I to have dealt with some SH#*heads in the past when buying jeep parts(FOUR WHEEL PARTS WHOLESALERS), not that I would mention any names. I'll add these guys to my list.

Greg
89 XJ, 83 CJ-7, 79 Blazer, 67 CJ-5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only delt with Trailquest once for a TeraLow kit (they have the best prices I found), and except for taking a couple weeks to
fill my order I had good luck with them. I agree though about contacting you credit card company. I had a kind similar problem with
Hick's 4x4, and a type written letter explaining my side of the story and explaining how I was intending to persue the issue
cleared up the problem. Another thing I would try to record all you future dealings on the phone (if it is legal in your state), or do
everything in writing in the future. This will give you some documentation to use in fixing this problem. I can't emphasize enought
getting it sent certified mail, so they can't say,"I did not receive that."
Good luck, and I hope you problem is just a simple misunderstanding.
Ethan

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The credit card thing has actually got a lot of strength...I know a guy who bought a trip to Vegas for he and his wife only to discover when they got there that the travel agency went broke and there WAS no room, OR anything else. The hotel was gracious and gave them a good rate anyway, AND the hotel Mgr suggested that they take it to the card company (VISA) which they did, and about 6 Mos later they were credited in full. Having a credit card conection so you can sell stuff is like VISA saying: "Yeah....he's an OK guy." VISA doesn't want their card decals in the shop window of screw-ups or scumbags./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, I don't think I'd be so p/o'd if he had gotten the parts to me in one month... but it took over 6 weeks, THEN not all of the parts came in, and THEN he LIED to me about it. I talked to Warn, who documented his call, and the read me verbatim what John said. He told them I DIDN'T want the kit.

When the t-case/pitman arm didn't come, I let him know. He advised me to refuse shipment when they came (they NEVER came) and he would credit my card.

Also, TQ's "H" shackles won't fit into black diamond springs.... So, I bought MORE boomerangs, which I LOVE... They got to me right away....

Anyways... I disputed the bill. Bummer for him that my MasterCard makes me dispute the WHOLE amount.

I'll keep you posted...

YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I 2nd the motion to remove 4wheel Parts Wholesalers from the list of reputable, 5 moon man /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Jeep aftermarket suppliers.

Companies I have had tremendous service from include:
Mepco 4x4
PartsMike
4wd Hardware
MORE
Advance Adapters (never buy direct from them...just pick their brains and buy from PM)

Regards,

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have bought a lot from Four Wheel Drive Hardware. I bought a flowcooler water pump from them which I have problems with. The pulley didn't fit flush on the flange. The worked with me to see what the problem was. I ended up having to shave off the lip on the back of the pulley (which is factory) to get it to clear the pump housing. They were great in helping me out. Although, my belts keep flipping due to my pulleys not being in alignment. I am going to go back to the factory pump. I spoke with some people at flowcooler. They are very uncooperative. The try to send me back to 4wd hardware. I was originally dealing with one guy at flowcooler who was then fired when I called for him the next day. That to me says a lot.

Dave-85'CJ7 six banger with torque and speed!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will second what you said about Partsmike being pleasant to deal with. And he knows jeeps.
Gibby

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have to agree with you on PM. He supplied me parts and called me on his dime to give advice and support. He is definetly one of the best. I ordered a lift kit from Fourwheel drive wholesale, they sent some parts that were incorrect. I called them, they shipped the correct parts out and did not want the incorrect parts returned. For me they were very fast and good to deal with. However, I also have a Toyota 4x4 PU. I don't believe any jeep vendor is as crooked as the Toy specific shop I dealt with. (NWOR)

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky (& rocks & rivers & mountians etc, You get the picture.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.