Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same old problem, the hub bolts on my D30 keep backing out. I know you can use studs or swap to the older 6 bolt style. I would like to use aircraft bolts and just saftey wire them. I have called all the aircraft shops around me with little luck.

Thanks,
Rob Wild

My first Jeep was a CH-47 "Chinook"
83 CJ5 4.2 t176 300 4.56 33s

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
i was going to do this once(since i used to work on airplanes)but it seems that the threads are allways wrong...i just put a set of scout dana 44 hubs on a dana 30 with studs...looks good..should be strong.....i have also used the warn internal spline hub kit and i LOVE it..

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Aircraft bolts, Go to your local bookstore and check out Carroll Smiths books on race cars, I think it is titled "build to win" or "engineer to win" he list several sources for mil spec hardware. Also, the airforce publication on common hardware Technical Order (T.O.) 1-1A-8 covers sizes and how to find a part number for any available mil spec fasteners, this T.o. falls under public information and should be available by searching the airforce publications web site. Let me know if you need more help.

good luck JJC
SAC trained Warrior, EC-RC-135,Looking Glass,RIVET Joint,COBRA Eye-Ball,Combat Sent,Open Skies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.