Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where i might find 2 small air tanks. Around 2 or 2.5ga ea. I don't want to pay $70 ea new from Quick air.

Al
My web page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have one made from some heavy 4" tubing with a flat piece of 3/16 welded to each end. About the size of the Quick Air tank. Hasn't blown up yet. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Forgot what it cost to have made, but the shop that made it did that job plus some other work and took the Quick Air tank as payment. It was too big for the place I wanted to put it. You might check some truck wrecking yards. Some trucks use multiple tanks that are about 4 inches or so in diameter, others use a similar long cylinder type tank but it is a bit larger - maybe 6 to 8 inches in diameter. Then there are some take offs too where the stock air tank was plain black and the driver wanted to shine it up some and replaced the black with a chrome tank.

Doug '97 TJ
My Web Site

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can also check out the low rider magazines. They use air tanks for their silly dancing suspensions, and I heard that they are cheaper than the ones offered to us four wheelers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my on board air supplies I went over to a place that sells nail-guns, roofing supplies and compressors. They do compressor repair there as well. I bought a old compressor which had a shot pump. That way I got the regulator, gauges, fittings and tank. The thing only cost $50.

My name is Ted, and I'm a Jeep-a-holic. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
[email][email protected][/email]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.