Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some mags and found something called a air funel. Its supposed to go inbetween the tbi and the air filter can. I was wanting to know if anyone has one and if they work as well as they say.If double stacking tbi spacers makes a diference. Thank you all for letting me pick your brain. Denny 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ive never heard of one of the gimmicky things working. even the people with TBI spacers say they didnt see an increase in power or mileage. basically, save your money for true performance increasers like K&N, exhaust, ignition, etc...

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my GMC Jimmy i already have a k&n filter, a accel ignition,and a hollowed out cat and 3" exhaust was wandering if i could put any thingelse for performance. I dont have headers yet still looking for something that will fit oem exhaust Y pipe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a 78 K20 with a built 454 and when I bought it it came with a "tornado" inside the air filter housing. It baiscally acts to swirl the air down the intake for faster airflow, and therefore netting gain in power. Not sure how much difference it makes though since the motor is so built and I don't have a dyno to see minor hp differences. Not sure if that is what you are referring to though but I've seen different versions of those for newer trucks too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.