Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah...the stars are aligned;it\'s all good-I hope!?

Well I got my second adapter shaft from Rube today(the first one was machined improperly). I only had to wait a month for it. Anyhow, I stuck everything bac together and took the Jeepster for its first drive in a year and a half. All things considered, I think it went well. The only noticeable flaw was a few teaspoons of coolant coming out of the overflow tube when I shut it off. I'll be checking the pressure cap tomorrow. Everything else seemed good. I thought that for the amount of hardcore wheeling I will actually do(probably very little) that my 2.73 gears and the SM420 would work. Well it doesn't. So the next item on the agenda for buildup is new gears.

Here is a pic of the project. The next pic will be of the '77 Scout II I picked up for $2000 yesterday. I'll give a little info in the reply.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Ah...the stars are aligned;it\'s all good-I hope!?

Here is a pic of the Scout I picked up. This will be more for the wife and to tow the Jeepster.

Here is a short list of goodies:

AT,AC,PS,PB
345ci
727 torqueflite
Dana 44s front and rear
NP 205
leather power front seats w/matching leather 3rd seat
soft top
bikini top
cd changer
brush gaurd
nerf bars
2 rear bedside toolboxes
tuffy console
4 new Michelin 33X12.50 LTX tires
Alloy wheels
recent paint
excellent interior
Class 3 receiver
spare/gerry can rack
fiberglass tailgate
new radiator, clutch fan

I think that is it. Anyhow here is the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts

The coolant drip on a newly filled radiator is normal. The aftermarket coolant recovery tanks at the parts store work great on a Jeepster. Get one with clear tubes. It's comforting to inspect the system quickly and see that coolant is moving correctly.

Chris in Texas

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

Did someone really remove the Dana 20 xfer out of the Scout and modify it with a NP-205? Looks good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The NP 205 was the factory equipment with the torqueflite auto tranny.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Scout looks like a "Deal of the Day". I almost bought one a few years back, but Pennsylvania roadsalt is death to Scout sheetmetal.
My grandfather had one and when he bought it, he also bought new panels to fix it when the rust set in. It had some oddball six cylinder in it. I think it was a 1980 but not sure.
Anyhow looks good.
I used to get some coolant seepage on short runs down the street. It never ran hot so I just replaced the cap and solved the problem.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

My apologies. I thought Scouts only came with Dana xfers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.