Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 3 days, my truck has been running rougher and rougher; bucking & coughing when I get on the gas. (...that's about 50% of the time!
) I cleaned the cap & rotor, and then replaced them, but it was just as bad. Finally, I decided to install the spark plugs that have been occupying my door pocket for the past 6 months... WOW!
#6 looked like it had been sandblasted for a few hours, then spraypainted, then baked.
The others were only slightly better.

Seems like I just changed them 100Kmi or so ago...

·
Registered
920 Posts
What plugs are you running? I have had bad luck in Fords with ac delcos, champions. I run Accel now, but will go with motorcraft next time. I don't believe in any bosch platinums or splitfire I used them and my truck ran like sh!t. I also use only 93 premium gas. I used to use the mid-grade but found out that my plugs would foul out or when I used additives(Fuel injector cleaners), a engine guru around my house has provided me with tons of info when I asked as you guys have done for me, His $.02 is go to a cooler plug, check your timing, lean fuel mixture. Don't know if this helps-Bob

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
hey steve, i have a slight vibration and i finally realized that using those factory shims gave me way too much angle on the pinion... do you have a pair of those f150 flat blocks like in your pic you could send me? i'm going to call the local 4x4 shop tomorrow and see if they have some 2" blocks but if they want much for them i'm going to pass. can ya help me? i heard about havack's NEW lockouts, that is a sweet deal! u worked on the tranny yet? get all moved in? i gotta get my revenge on that damn creek crossing one of these days

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't even pulled the top off the trans yet - I'm just learning to take it easy in Race!

I'm pretty much moved into the new house now, but it'll be 2 months before the bed frame, dresser, and couch are delivered.
Of course, the 6 months of no interest doesn't START until they're delivered...

Yeah, I've got the pair of blocks from the '88 F-150, but they're heavy. It'll probably cost $15 to ship 'em.

Let me know when you wanna head back this way - I'm gonna find some trails near the house!

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Re: Plugs

cool, i'm due for some also and will try those out... after i rip all that thermactor CRAP out of the way permanently

1 - 6 of 6 Posts