Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a KDX220 and i know its a low to mid range bike and im wondering what i would have to do if i got the FMF grnarly REV pipe and FMF silencer?would i have to mess with the carb?

· Registered
2,384 Posts
you will very likely have to rejet

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, that's a really good pipe combo. That's what I run and am really happy with it. Second, you will have to rejet to realize the pipes full potential, and if you check http://justkdx.dirtrider.net they'll have info to get you started on jetting. While you're messing with the jets, it wouldn't hurt to bore the carb, or go to a KDX200 carb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with the KDX PC pipe is that it's power is in the same range as an FMF Rev, but has less top and bottom than the rev. The FMF does all PC does, and more. From what I've heard, the FMF torque gives much more bottom than the PC, and close to the same top, maybe a touch more. I have ridden with both the PC and FMF Rev, and the Rev is much more versitile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.