Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any personal dealings with any aftermarket frame manufactures?
I have been looking at Matkins and Advanced Frame Works.but have not gotten any feed back about their frames or any other companys.
comments would be appriciated,Thanks JF1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jeepfreak
I don't know if your doing a frame replacement or up grade but I thought
you might want this informantion. I got a factory replacement frame for my
1975 CJ-5 from Willys-Overland out of Toledo. OH, they purchase the left over parts from the Jeep factory and sell them later like my 75 frame, it was a left over part from 75 production run. I was satified with the service, and it was a direct bolt-in.
The other after market frames, well, I'll just say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Good Luck
WSM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't bought a frame from either one YET, but I have been in contact with both of them. All of the frames by both of the manufactures are designed to be much more strong than the oringinal Jeep frames. Check out their web sites and if you have questions e-mail them. In the December '99 issue of 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine they use a Matkins frame in a rebuild (page 46). I'm trying to save my frame, but 7 good size cracks and there isn't much oringinal metal left (Jeep frames don't take too well to hard landing after a couple of flights). I would recomend that you choose the company based on which optioins you want. I like the sounds of Advanced Frame Works hot dipped galvanizing option.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matkins frames <www.printandgo.com/matkins>
Advanced Frameworks <www.MontanaJeepFrames.com>
You can find their e-mail on their web page.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.