Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know about the availability of aftermarket parts for a 300 Explorer? I can get one for cheap but I know I'd like some more power. I guess the main thing that it would need is a different pipe.

Edelbrock Performer Series intake and carb, Tri-Y headers, K&N filter, 2 1/2" duel exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still lookin, not much luck though.

Edelbrock Performer Series intake and carb, Tri-Y headers, K&N filter, 2 1/2" duel exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could probably get a Supertrapp IDS exhaust system for your ride, but i am not positively sure. they make them for several utility type quads, check out there webpage to see if they have it. i think it is www.supertrapp.com. when i was looking for a pipe and silencer for my old Prairie i could only find 2 aftermarkets for it, a Supertrapp and a DG. hope this helps.

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
'93 Banshee, '88 Quadracer
{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I know what you mean by the 300 explorer being a little gutless that is what i ride. I am 99% sure that the pipes are the same between the 400 and the 300 so the 400 pipe should fit. Dont forget if you pipe make sure you rejet that carb. I also tuned my clutches to help it get out of the hole better. Other then exhaust i doubt there is much out there for that engine. Also not sure what year you are looking at but make sure the oil pump recall was done on it. I believe it was for 96 and early 97s. It was nothing more then just re adjusting the pump to pump more oil.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup got the oil pump taken care of. I did find a Dyno Port pipe for it. Anybody know much about them?

As for them being gutless, I don't think it's too bad. I'd rather ride it than the new sportsman my dad has. Probably has 5-6000 miles on it, so I'm sure it's time to tune them clutches up a bit too. I bet the K&N for the 400 is the same??????? Not sure bout that either.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I believe the air cleaners are the same. I would have to measure my 300's carb and a spare 400 carb i have to double check though. I guess i got so used to having my 400 scrambler demo, when i worked at the dealer, that when i got back on the 300 it felt like it had no power.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AAEN. They have lots of thumper Polaris parts. Cams,pipes,clutch kits and some other goodies. I have a 400 Scrambler and a Trailblazer and get parts from them. They dont have a website tho, but they do advertise in the quad mags. They have some pretty cool stuff. If you want a catalog call 262 552 8981.
I also got parts from HPD. They have lots of parts also and the website is:
www.hpd-inc.com
Good luck

One Tuff Six!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.