Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I keep hearing that the Motorcraft 2100 2bbl carb is a good swap for a non-emissions 258. What is the part number, and is an adapter needed? What are your experiences with it?

1987 YJ Laredo
Rylan D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I the same question awhile back, couldnt get much response either. I ended up going with the holley 350cfm 2bbl, and mr gasket adp, ordered it from a catolog, similiar to jegs, I can get you the name and #,the sales rep was alot of help. anyway the holley really woke my 258 up! for under $300

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
yes.. again.. i dont know much of the motorcraft.. but i had a 258 with a cam, mallory dist., headers and intake.. i stuck a holley 500 on her.. and she moved.. was really impressed.. was easy to tune. and got rid of the emissions.. god i love points.. i still have the dist if you are interested in that.

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rylan. I have been adapting MC 2100s on 258s for about 6 years now. I did 12 swaps last year alone with nothing but praise for the carbs. I have refined everyhting into a kit which I sell. The kit which includes a reman 2100 (Which is 450 cfm instead of 350 like the Holly) an adapter, and a throttle linkage adapter. The kit sells for $240 s&h. The Mc, are far easier to work on than the Hollys and they will run on their side (got the video to prove it)and they climb hills very well. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected]
Nate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.