Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 400EX but have concerns about its performance. My previous ATV was a warrior and I really loved it but, would like to try something different. My riding consists of about 90% trail riding but would like the option of trying a little dune riding. I live in southern AZ, so my dune riding would be limited to a few times a year. Will the 400EX be a worthy trail/rock crawling ATV? I realize it doesn't have reverse but that's an luxury I am willing to overlook. I predominately interested with torque and its usable power at low speeds. Is the 400 similar to the banshee or closer to the 300/warrior?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If your looking for a tight trail rider and rock crawler as you say, I don't think the 400 EX is your answer. I have a 300 EX it is very nimble on open trails and fantastic in the sand pits. But as a rock crawler or pick'n an poken, you'll be on the clutch all the time as there not geared low for this type of riding. Rock crawling is usually better on a utility quad. good luck!
Bendit 360

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.