Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people, I am very new to the jeep mystique.I was injured in a motorcyce crash.(guy ran red light,punctured lung,arm broke 3 places)
so now i need another vehicle,but i would like to start a new lifestyle too. This guy has a 73cj 350v8,33,000
miles 3 in lift ( dont know what kind) If anybody has any advice or info about the 73 i would be very appreciated
thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have had my 73 for a few years now and the only complaints i have are that parts are not as plentiful (most parts in catalogs and bone yards are for 76 and up). and it is EXTREEMLY short! my backseat (when in use) literally hangs out past my tailgate (custom mounted there on purpose to give back seaters SOME legroom)!! rust is another issue (with any jeep) the cost to repare the rust on my jeep is damn close to the cost of a new glass body ($1500 or so)! also mine did not have a fuse box in it??? also it would surprise me to find anything on my jeep that it origonally came with (motor-no, tranny/xfer-no, windshield-no,axles-??? and so on)I love my jeep and it kicks ass, it just never stops surprising me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't say what your intended use would be. If it is for going four wheeling, that vintage CJ is a sturdy and reliable trail vehicle which can provide a lot of fun. It is also fine for moderate speed country road driving. If the intended use is for long commutes at expressway speeds go for something with a longer wheelbase and wider track such as a CJ7 or Wrangler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.