Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a 3" suspension lift on my 95 Grand Cherokee. The lift included 4 shocks, 2 front coil springs, and 2 2" spacer blocks for the rear.

If I wanted to add an additional inch or 2 to my Jeep would putting 2 new coil springs in the rear along with the spacer blocks and 2 new spacer blocks on top of the front coil springs be a good way to do this? Or would new parts be needed - i.e. 4 new shocks, longer tie rods, etc?

· Registered
4,117 Posts
I recently put a 3" suspension lift on my 95 Grand Cherokee. The lift included 4 shocks, 2 front coil springs, and 2 2" spacer blocks for the rear.

If I wanted to add an additional inch or 2 to my Jeep would putting 2 new coil springs in the rear along with the spacer blocks and 2 new spacer blocks on top of the front coil springs be a good way to do this? Or would new parts be needed - i.e. 4 new shocks, longer tie rods, etc?
Yes, most likely you need new shocks as the ones that came with your "lift" are for that lift and most likely will not have the proper travel. Also, you need to consider drive shafts front and rear, sway bars front and rear, steering linkages and track bar and all the associated geometries that go with them oh and you'll need to deal with alignment issues also but those can be dealt with if you also replace the upper and lower control arms with the apropriate length ones for the lift you going for, also brake line lengths including e-brake cables, vent lines for front and rear diffies also, you should also review local and state laws regarding motor vehicle equipment and what they do and do not allow as some states are down right ghestopo'ish about their laws if you intend to drive it on the roads, trailer queens that are for off-road play only don't have that worry.

Not trying to discourage you, just suggesting you do your research before you dive into something that can be very expensive, in the long run:smirk:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.