Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have the four inch trailmaster suspension kit, You probaly know about the torsion bar drop brakets.
But you don't need to lower the torsion bars, you can leave them in stock crossmember and they will angle
downward. Adds clearance and makes the truck look more LIFTED. Questions, just reply and I will answer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive got the Tm kit on my 94, and dont see how the torisons should be at that angle! Dont think they were designed to accept that kind of angle myself. Have you already done this to yours? I dont like the drop down brackets anymore than you do, but I dont see how in the world it would work and still bolt up (and not do terrible things to the bars, or alignment)? If you have done this, let me know. Im curious if it might work or not.

Happy Trails
Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wade,
I saw a '90 4x4 pickup with the torsion bars in this location, and decided to try it myself.
I just took off the drop braket and the torsion bar C-clip the mounted the crossmember back into the orginal location. It looks way better. I was weary to do this but it actually works. I did some hard-core wheeling this past weekend, and found no problems, the bars hold the front end the same. The crossmember has oversized holes in it were the bars/anchor arm fit in, with out the oversized holes the anchor arm would not fit at the angle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your telling me your bars are at a 45 degree angle now? The front mounts the same as with the kit, and you just moved the crossmemeber up without the drop brackets? The front mounts cannot be moved up, unfortnnantely. I just cant see this as a good thing. The bars will probably sag, since the you have them at this angle, you are putting more stress on the bars. You might be able to run this setup for a while, but long term, im guessing (and I could very well be wrong here, not bashing your idea, just voicing my opinion!) that this will trash the torisons. Heck, its worth a shot. Call TM and see what they say about it. Let me know how it works out.

Happy Trails
Wade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts