Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm A.B. an old member of this board and the webmaster of ShortWheelbase.com. For some reason my old registration in this board was deleted and I had to reregister, luckily with the same name.

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1436708/an/0/page/0#1436708

Nic brought to my attention this thread where SWB members were wondering about our site ShortWheelbase.com and its current state. The site is broken because I moved it to a new server a few months ago and I didn't yet adjust the source code accordingly. This matter wasn't high on my priorities list because few people visited the site and aside from Dirt Dog, nobody contributed with links, articles or otherwise.

However if there's interest, I can get the site up and running with updated software soon. But are you willing to contribute articles, links, FAQ, news or whatever? A site is as good as its members and its content. With the wealth of knowledge and information of this board's members Shortwheelbase.com can become a great extension to this board.

Tell me what functionality you would like the site to have. The basics will be:
News, Articles, Tech database, Reviews, Links, and a Members Rides database.

Any ideas or contributions are welcome.

Later,

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
i can contribute stuff, write ups and the such.

probably wont be anything super sophisticated or revolutionary, but it might be useful to someone.

when i start my future project vehicle i plan to keep a log of everything i do....so that'd be sweet too have on there as well.... that wont be for a lil while though

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Ditto! Good to hear from you AB!

I for one have used several of the tech articles (& have pointed countless others there). IMO, a *very good* resource. FWIW, I've penned a couple of tech articles (nothing as "cool" as the TR-upgrade, etc.), but would be happy to contribute them to SWB.com...

LMK

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
I don't know that I'll have a lot to contribute but that site was a wealth of information for me and to point others to. Hope things are going well for you over there and thank you for your time.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
I have writeups on several modifications and repairs I'd be glad to send. They've been posted here, but tend to get lost in the clutter eventually. Let me know where and how.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the kind words and concern, we're ok down here for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif. It's good to chat with you all again.

OK then. Since there's interest I will start working on the web site and I'll post here as soon as something is ready for your contribution.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Awesome A.B.. Glad to see alls well and you on here again.

If you need help I can give you names of people on here that would do a great job of helping.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Get it while it's hot! "New" intank fuel pump troubleshooting data by MBAlbritton & Caver... should make the perfect "library" read! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
got some pictures too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts