Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A visit to the junkyard...FOUND IT!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gifWell, not EXACTLY, but I found a bellhousing cover plate that can be cut and fitted to my pickup pretty easy. I also found a LIKE NEW front shaft with a CV joint that is so new I could NOT believe it. They had two shafts that will make one good one. Mine is totally kaputzo. I'm going back in the morning with my sample shaft to check measurements. I also got some rare FS GM parts that you hardly ever see laying around, and one of them was the big intake air hose to the engine.....found a PERFECT specimen! So it was a great trip to Sonora Truck Dismantlers!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif On-the-rooooad-again........../wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
585 Posts
Re: A visit to the junkyard...FOUND IT!

The simple pleasures in life are great! Like me, Dave true happiness is getting something good real cheap. Think green-recycle car parts.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

Cool finds, Dave ...
If those driveshafts don't work out I still have the front (CV) and rear D-shafts from the '77 CJ-7 w/258, TH400, & Q-Trac ... if that will help ... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Those shafts were to make one good one for the front of our FS GM 3/4T FWD. Hmmmmmm........I'll have to remember that you have QT shafts, Jaffer.......that may come in handy/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

Dave, why is it that you always find what you're looking for in the last place you look???/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·

Its always in the "last place you look" becauswe you'd be an idiot to keep lookiong for it after you've found it!!! hahhaa....sorry, i just couldnt resist!!

mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)

·
Registered
7,409 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifSee Dave we're not all bad./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif If you ever happen to make your way to mine.....make sure you ask for me and I'll give you the grand tour./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif This yard is not the most showy operation, but the prices are very good. Yesterday I went back over and sure enough, the driveline was the exact one that our FS GM takes. I bought two shafts to get all the stuff I needed by combining them; they charged me $75 for the shafts and a cool chrome shift lever and real nice boot to fit our SM465 main transmission./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts